Stabbing The Drama Review

Released: Mar 8, 2005
Label: Nuclear Blast
Genre: Rock
Styles: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Scandinavian Metal
Soilwork still show that they're not beyond satisfying these primal instincts, now and then, turning in a couple of good old-fashioned thrashings here.
 9.8
 9.6
Stabbing The Drama Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 08, 2005

Sound: Soilwork is an amazing band. Except of figure number five, I love every second of whatever they do. This album is fantastic. I love the guitars, except some of the solos, like the one the title track, but the riffs kick ass. Speed's vocals are better than ever. And with Dirk Verbeuren they've got probably one of the best metal drummers ever. Except for Vinnie Paul Abbot (pantera) I've never heard such impressive double-bass drumming. Jaw-dropping. And he is also a drummer that has his own sound, which most metaldrummers doesn't. I prefer him to overrated Dave Lombardo anytime. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics fit the music perfectly. Agressive and in-your-face. So does the vocals. Spedd is an amzing singer who use his voice in so many ways. Just listen to "Blind Eye Halo" and the title track. like Phil Anselmo, but with his own sound. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best metal albums I own. Melodic without getting sappy, brutal without becoming just a massive chunk of sounds (much thanks to their drummer), and technical, without becoming one big show-off that only musicians enjoy. Almost as essential as Panteras "Cowboys From Hell" and "Vulgar Display Of Power." Anyone with the slightest intersest in metal: check this out! // 10

Stabbing The Drama Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 20, 2005

Sound: I first heard Soilwork on an all-metal radio show on the station I listen to a few weeks ago. The song was "Nerve," and when I heard it, I knew I had to find out who the band was and what the CD was. I love Soilwork's impressive guitar work. The riffs are nice, heavy, and complex, just the way I like'em. The guitars have a great amount of crunch to them, which really adds texture and quality to the riffs. Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning are amazing guitarists with super-sweet riffs and solos. // 10

Lyrics: I am amazed by Speed's vocals. I also listen to bands like Pantera and Fear Factory, but Soilwork is the first band I got into that doesn't make screaming and growling sound "painful" to the vocal cords (don't ask). He sounds awesome both when he sings and when he screams. He helps add to the heaviness of the music. His vocals and lyrics are the perfect match for the kickass music. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the CDs that I really enjoy listening to all the way through. True, there are songs that I enjoy more than others, namely Stabbing The Drama, Nerve, One With The Flies, Weapon Of Vanity, The Crestfallen, and Distance, but all the songs are truly amazing. If you like crazy double-bass drums, heavy and complex riffs, and really awesome metal songs, get this CD. If you lose it, buy it again. // 10

More Soilwork reviews rating latest review
+ The Living Infinite 8 02/27/2013