The Official Fiction Review

Release Date: Dec 2, 2003
Label: Murmur
Genres: Post-Grunge, Indie Rock
Number Of Tracks:
Following their acclaimed 'Echolalia' (2001), the band's delivered an album that's sonically richer & musically more sophisticated.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Official Fiction Reviewed by: fallbackonus, on october 19, 2005

Sound: I once heard someone say, "Something For Kate make poems on top of music." In my opinion they were almost right. SFK, uses quite simple methods of songwriting on this album, but the guitar work is simply amazing. In fact it draws parallels to Linkin Park 'cause the guitars (mostly acoustic with some elctric fills) just gel and make the song work, and leave the focus around Paul (Dempsey - lead singer/guitarist) and his lyrics. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are a tad like poems, but with actual meaning. No words do the songs justice in this respect. You simply have to listen to Jerr, Stand Up and Stunt Show to understand their whole concept. // 10

Overall Impression: Most impressive songs? White, Stunt Show, Jerry, Stand Up. I love the fact the it's the best album with which to grab a guitar and noodle along with chorus and the fills. If it were lost, than I'd probably just burn it off my computer (Windows Media Player) and keep listening. I hate the fact that there aren't more songs. // 8

More Something For Kate reviews rating latest review