Dead Alive Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Dead Alive Reviewed by: Skillet_Panhead, on august 12, 2008

Sound: The album opens up with a chilling acoustic lead-in to "To End It All", where it then explodes into a flurry of bone-crushing metal riffage. At first it sounds almost like Becoming The Archetype's "Terminate Damnation", but taken to the next level of darkness. The solos are great, every one being unique in its own way, no solo on this album sounds like the other. These guys seem to like to rely on very progressive and melodic riffs, and they do it well with each and every song on the album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are fantastic, and all from a Christian standpoint. They fit well with the music, and the vocals are pretty good. They sound sort of like Jimmy Ryan from Haste The Day, but lower. "Crawl" kind of jumped out of me with its clean vocals in the chorus. It's the 7th track, and the first song on the album to feature clean vocals, so it felt out of place at first but I quickly warmed up to it. They're good vocals. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said before, this sort of compares to Becoming The Archetype's "Terminate Damnation" and former Haste The Day frontman, Jimmy Ryan's vocals. The best songs on this album are definately "To End It All", "La Fin Absolue Du Monde", "Crawl", and "In Memory" (a great instrumental with chilling string orchestration in the background). I was just looking for something new to listen to when I bought this album, and I ended up loving every bit of it. I reccommend this to any hardcore metal fan, whether Christian or not. If it were lost or stolen I would definately buy a new copy. // 10

Comments