Just Go Ahed Now: A Retrospective Review

spin doctors: Just Go Ahed Now: A Retrospective
Released: Oct 24, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Jam Bands
This release looks like the record label's excuse to delete the Spin Doctors' other albums while keeping a compilation in print.
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Just Go Ahed Now: A Retrospective Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 22, 2004

Sound: My first impression of the Spin Doctors was that they were just like any other band, but when I heard Just Go Ahead Now, I was amazed! Mark White is one of the most talented bass players I've heard! The The guitar work, bass, and drums go perfect together! // 10

Lyrics: The Lyrics were kind of wierd, but good. With the Spin Doctors it's more of the music and beat that take you for a ride, than the lyrics. Chris' voice goes perfect with the music. He has the type of voice, where he could sing for a band like Weather Report, yet still retain the power to play with someone like Nirvana! // 8

Overall Impression: This album doesnt compare to anything I've ever heard, the funky bass grooves and the rockin' guitar riffs are great. Personally I'd say the best two songs on the album are " Two Princes" and "Jimmy Olsen's Blues."I loved everything about the album. If it was lost or stolen I'd definately buy another copy. // 10

Comments