Break Like The Wind Review

spinal tap: Break Like The Wind
Release Date: 1992
Label: MCA
Genres: Comedy Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Break Like the Wind may have not been the comeback everyone was hoping for, but it certainly has enough amusing moments to be worth a listen.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Break Like The Wind Reviewed by: JL Sevenfold, on june 30, 2007

Sound: Back again with their second CD, Spinal Tap is at it again making random songs that actually sound good and are hilarious. The CD sounds pretty much exactly like the soundtrack to This Is Spinal Tap, except with a little better sound quality since it was recorded in a later decade. The album gets progessively more random as each song goes by, starting off with "Bitch School", a hilarious song that sounds a lot like Hellhole off their first CD. A few songs later comes up "Cash On Delivery", which basically starts off the streak of songs that lasts the rest of the album and gets increasingly random. Overall, though, their music sounds just like This Is Spinal Tap, which is a good thing because that's what you would come to expect from Spinal Tap. I actually laughed out loud at a few points during the CD, especially in the track called "Untitled", in which they vividly describe an old man that is lying in a hospital bed in a vegetative state, to the point where you know that only Spinal Tap could have written it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are the reason why the CD is so random and hysterical, without lyrics, the music would just be good rock music, and not Spinal Tap. As I said before, the CD gets increasingly random, and this is due to te lyrics. "Cash on Delivery" is a prime example, leaving the listener wondering, "Why is this song about cash on delivery?" and "Who would ever come up with this stuff?" The answer is Spinal Tap, and they pull through with another hysterical CD, not leaving fans of the movie and/or soundtrack at all disappointed. // 10

Overall Impression: I would recommend this album to anyone who watched the movie, because it is a continuation of that movie. I would also recommend it to someone who just wanted a few good laughs. My favorite songs are "Cash On Delivery" and "Untitled", although most people probably find "Bitch School" the best. It's a good song, but in my opinion it sounds a lot like Hellhole. It also has a music video you can watch on youtube. Anyway, for those looking for the album, I found it on Itunes for $10, which sucked because two days later I found it at Circuit City for less than $7. Oh well, it's a good CD, and if the music files got erased off my computer I would probably buy the CCity album, because it is cheaper and probably has an album booklet. This is a cool album to check out if you enjoyed the movie, I was skeptical at first but the album has proven to be worth buying and not a disappointment. // 10

More Spinal Tap reviews rating latest review