The Height Of Callousness Review

spineshank: The Height Of Callousness
Release Date: Oct 10, 2000
Label: Roadrunner
Genres: Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal
The Height Of Callousness, is a super-charged silver bullet of 11 aggressive tracks that will get your blood flowing as if you're engaged in a stock car race gone haywire.
 8.1
 6.7
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Height Of Callousness Reviewed by: Lord Vodka, on february 09, 2006

Sound: How can I describe a band like Spineshank? They are just amazing! A real nu-metal virus who just infected me. Why? Because this band has something different then other metal bands: imagine a coctail made of a great guitar sound, amazing drums, a loud screaming voice and some very cool sample effects and d-jaying. You've just met the real Spineshank, and in the "Height Of Callousness," we found them just as we like them, back with their heavy style who just suits them so much! Now I've listened to this CD, I understand why they won the "Most amazing metal band of the US" prize! // 9

Lyrics: Spineshank's lyrics aren't bad at all, but there is a problem: they are just too repetitive. I think I heard for about a hundred times "I can't be fixed" in the song "(Can't Be) Fixed". And this is only an example, because in every song, you hear a same sentence over and over and over. This just isn't a good point for them. // 5

Overall Impression: Spineshank is indeed an amazing band, but I have to be honest: all the tracks are the same, even if sometimes you hear some songs like "New Disease" who are a little bit softer than the rest of the album. It's jsut simple: when I finished listening to the "Height Of Callousness" I said to myself: "Oh my god, is it already finished?" Seriously I expect a lot of work from them in the future. But anyway, "The Height Of Callousness" was a great experience, and I still think Spineshank is an amazing band. // 6

More Spineshank reviews rating latest review
+ Self-Destructive Pattern 9.7 09/27/2004