Palabas Review

sponge cola: Palabas
Release Date: 2004
Label: Sony-BMG
Genres: Rock
In order to get the thought of the album, you must forget all your worries and problems.
 9.1
 9.3
 8.9
review (1) 16 comments vote for this album:
Palabas Reviewed by: f1f2, on august 03, 2006

Sound: Well, I had to say this band is definitely the best student band in the Philippines. And so I just wrote this review in English, so that I CD negotiate it with the world. Now, moving on, you will first here Yael's voice singing: "Halika na... iyong lunurin ang problema't kalimutan." It says that in order to get the thought of the album, you must forget all your worries and problems. Then, you'll get to hear some popular songs of them: "K.L.S.P.", "Lunes", "On The Floor", "Una", "Dragon Fly", and the 2 best songs of them all. "Gemini", which is the soundtrack of "Romeo And Juliet" and "Jeepney", our neighbor's favorite song. Then the last track, "Closure", which begins with a door being shut, says that the man does not recognize the girl anymore, "I don't remember how we were." The repackaged album adds another track after this: the piano version of "Gemini". I have to say Yael has a better voice in this one than the instrumental version. // 9

Lyrics: Yes, the lyrics of Yael (and the other bandmates on other songs) are great for lovers. It really combines with Armo's guitar playing, Gosh's bass guitar playing, and the drum playing of Chris. I liked all the lyrics of the songs except for "22". It has just a great solo. // 9

Overall Impression: They often compare Sponge CD to Hale, but I think Sponge CD is better. I am really, really impressed on "Dragon Fly" for the instrumentals and lyrics as well. The stuff that I love about this album is just Yael's voice and Armo's guitar-playing. I gave this CD to my cousin for his birthday, and the songs in the CD are all stored in my PC. So it's up to my cousin if he'll lost it. // 10

More Sponge Cola reviews rating latest review