Starbomb Review

Starbomb: Starbomb
Released: Dec 17, 2013
Genre: Comedy, Hip-Hop, Synthpop, Nerdcore Hip-Hop
Label: Self-released
"Starbomb" is the eponymous debut studio album by American comedy supergroup Starbomb, composed of Leigh Daniel Avidan and Brian Wecht of American comedy duo Ninja Sex Party and Flash animator and internet personality Arin Hanson (also known as "Egoraptor").
 7.2
 6.7
 7.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Starbomb Reviewed by: ReadyMadeFour64, on july 31, 2014

Sound: Now Starbomb's self-titled album sounds great. Based off of electronic music, it will bring you back to gaming. Danny and Arin sound great singing is really good, even for Arin who has never sung on an album. Also Rachel Bloom as Princess Peach and Emily Hughes as Samus Aran. The beats are great from metal to jazzy grooves. It really varies styles of music! The album sounds great, including it's guest stars, references, background sounds, and even Ninja Sex Party's beats and more! The album provides a lot to listen to! // 8

Lyrics: Now the lyrics are hard to comment on... So I will go each song and my opinions.

1. "Intro": It basically is a disclaimer. Nothing much.
2. "I Choose You to Die": Pikachu from the Pokemon Series kills Ash Ketchum in a bloodbath. The puns with Pokemon names are great!
3. "Luigi's Ballad": The 1st song on YouTube is good, for a few minutes... It does not hold up to what it was...
4. "It's Dangerous to Go Alone": A song about Link from the Legend Of Zelda, being disgusted by an Old Man. One of my favorites...
5. "Mega Martial Problems": My least favorite. All the song talks about is sex, and nothing else. I think the lyrics could of been written better.
6. "Rap Battle: Ryu vs. Ken": What a great rap. When at times, it gets boring, it goes right back into the fast pace. Lyrics do need improvement though...
7. "Crasher-Vania": Best song off the album. The song revolves around Simon Belmont crashing Dracula's party! Amazing!
8. "The Book of Nook": Probably the least heard of song from the album, it lacks in length. The song talks about Villager being in a slave trade... Good Song! The lyrics got me laughing...
9. "Sonic's Best Pal": Tails get addicted to PCP and goes insane, killing and having sex with animals... Really got me laughing.
10. "Regretroid": One of the most known songs from the album, the song features Samus Aran geting p-ssed off by Kraid, who just wants love.
11. "Kirby's Adventure in Reamland": Worst song on the whole album. Why? It only talks on one thing, SEX! Noticing a pattern with some songs?
12. "The Simple Plot of Final Fantasy 7": Hilarious! It centers around a TV show about video game characters and their plots and stories, when Cloud tells the story of "Final Fantasy 7." Great!
13. "Outro": Just Arin and Danny goofing around in Grump fashion...

I think lyrics vary on this. When you have a song like "Sonic's Best Pal" and "Book Of Nook," they work together, but when "Luigi's Ballad" and "Regretroid" go together, it does not work... Most songs have to do with sex or anything of that sort. Sometimes it works, sometimes, it falls flat on its face. // 5

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs have to be: "Book of Nook," "Sonic's Best Pal," "Luigi's Ballad."

The worst being: "Kirby's Adventure in Reamland," "Regretroid," "Mega Martial Problems."

I hate the constant use of sex or intercourse in the album, but another song might feature some different and weird ideas. I like songs about characters going over the top, but when it goes to far, it does not work! Again, some songs don't fit. If I were you, I would get the album, but don't have high hopes on some songs! With hopes for a next album going around, maybe they can improve on songs, and make them longer and more diverse! // 7

Comments