Say It Like You Mean It Review

9.7
 9.3
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Say It Like You Mean It Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 31, 2003

Overall Impression: Wow...that's all I have to say. I saw these guys at warped tour and they were just awesome. I knew I had to get the cd. The album starts off with "Up and Go", a song about a girl leaving for no odd reason. Now we know that's happened to some of us. The second song is a favorite of mine. It's a thank you song to all the fans. How cool is that? Ken's voice from the earlier SL songs is slightly deeper and his lyrics are heartfelt. Track 3 is just a plain awesome song. It's called "Leaving". They re-recorded this from their EP. Get this cd now! // 10

Say It Like You Mean It Reviewed by: CJOgeetar, on december 08, 2003

Sound: So sweet... really emo pop rock but so sweet... these guys brought such a hated genre (by musicians) to true music. Four guys in the band, a bassist/vocalist, two guitarist, and a drummer. Not a lot of innovation, it's their first lp. its pretty sweet production, and their guitar isnt too shameful. Nice little licks, just so appealing. // 10

Lyrics: So so lyrics, not bad. But I don't think people listen for their lyrics as they do Kenny Vasoli's voice and just the total effect of the songs. Not ALWAYS so moving or touching or sad, just so fun to listen to, so well done. Lyrics work with this emo pop music, and Kenny's voice is a little deeper. Nate Barcalow of finch takes the screaming roles in cheek to cheek and this ride, probably the only two SLIGHTLY more alternative songs. // 6

Overall Impression: Did it compare to other albums (artists)? first album What are most impressive songs from the album? for me? Has to be this ride, almost there going nowhere, hello houston, the best of me, up and go, given the chance, cheek to cheek, leavings alright. What do you love about it? what do you hate? I love the songs and the fact that they took unoriginal genres and made them awesome. I don't hate but dont like the song "decisions, decisions"... only unoriginal chord progression on the album. Live they're getting better than before. If it were stolen or lost, I'm not quite sure if I'd buy it again, cus I've listened to it too much. I'm christian, and i love this cd so much I gave it up for lent... Then i listened to it non stop. So I warn you not to overdo it. // 10

Say It Like You Mean It Reviewed by: soXlittleXtimeX, on october 21, 2005

Sound: It's sound is pretty good considering it's mostly a softer version of punk. I think the best part of the sound overall is that way the put the soft beats and soft guitar music together. Most of my favorties on here were the softer songs (The Best Of Me is a good example). The reason I like this band a lot is because it's one of those bands that you can listen to if you are sad but it's still rock so it still has a lot of feeling to it. It's mostly that softer version of pop-punk but it still sounds great! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were pretty good. If you listen to it you can hear how it's about the singer and how he is addressing a girl or how he wants to savour some moments. The music goes real well with the lyrics. I like the way they seem to have those little echoes at the coolest times. The singer (Kenny) is pretty good. I like the way his voice is just soft but has feeling to it. His voice fits perfectly with the music because the music has that same soft feeling as his voice. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall the album is pretty awesome. This band makes me wish there were more like their style. One of the reasons I like the CD is because it has originality to it. His voice is different from regular punk bands and the sound is too. My favorite songs off the album were "Left Coast Envy," "Leaving," "The Best Of Me" and "Given The Chance." If it were lost or stolen I would run to the store for another! // 9

More Starting Line reviews rating latest review