Beneath Between Beyond Review

static-x: Beneath Between Beyond
Released: Jul 20, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Thrash, Post-Grunge, Industrial Metal
Beneath... ends with five demos dated from 1996 through 2002. They're bastard children of Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, and Gravity Kills.
 7.9
 8.7
Beneath Between Beyond Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2005

Sound: Oh my god, Static-X are truly brilliant. They've got this really metelly/industrialised sound (Lovedump) you could almost close your eyes and imagine they've raided a steel works and made their instruments. Wayne's doing a lot of wild riffs on the guitar, and if you listen closely, you can hear all these synthesised tunes underneathe the main ensemble arrangement, took me a while to notice. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics pretty good, not always easy to comprehend. A lot of mad rambling and chanting (otsegoelectric) but Lovedump is just classic, I thought it was a bit ambiguous at first, but it's like a love song and they just love some girl the way she is. Totally contradicts the style of the music, but the lyrics do seem to compliment the sound. // 8

Overall Impression: I was really impressed, big fan of Static-X. It reminds me a bit like Rammstein, they both have that industrial metal sound. I love the way I can just flick on any of my Static-X albums and totally chillout. If it were ever stolen I'd be hunting that theif down! // 10

Beneath Between Beyond Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2004

Sound: Well this album is a compilation of all the songs Static-X has done for movies, other bands, or for fun that never made it onto an album, with a few new songs thrown in there. The sound quality was very good but some songs didn't match the others cause some were new and some were old. They also threw in 5 "demo" songs which were full songs but before production was decided and they re-recorded them. // 8

Lyrics: Wayne Static always sounds better live, but in this record he sounds pretty good still. Some songs are mad fast especially a cover of Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment (done for "A Tribute to The Ramones") Lots of "mixing and sampling" in this cd compared to most of there other albums. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall its still a good record worth the money. The best songs are the new songs on the album and they got a remix of Push It which is one of their older songs. The newer songs have more difficult guitarwork, but the lyrics seem a little simpler but still good. I got my album signed so its not gonna get lost or stolen, cause it practically stays with me at all times. If someone attempts to steal it they won't get too far lets just leave it there. Overall well done. // 10

Beneath Between Beyond Reviewed by: ThEgReEnMuNkY, on august 04, 2004

Sound: The sound really varies on this CD. Some of the songs really show off the bands ability while others really don't. But, I was suprised to see that the demo songs on here were really good (the new songs are great too). The remixes were pretty run of the mill (as most are). Although if your a fan of Static-X you'll love the sound of this CD begining to end. // 8

Lyrics: Wayne's searing vocals rule as always, as do Burton C. Bell's on "Burning Inside" (Fear Factory fans will love this). The lyrics are run of the mill Static-X, but its really more the vocals that keep me coming back. // 8

Overall Impression: I'd say this album is on par with all other Static-X albums. As I said Fear Factory fans will get a kick out of "Burning Inside" which was an awesome inclusion in this album. I was dissapointed slightly by the remixes and "Gimmie Gimmie Shock Treatment" which had great sound but only had 2 lines of lyrics. I'd have to say that the demos are probably the best part of the CD. A great buy for any Static-X fans, non fans might be turned off by it but if it were lost or stolen (being an big fan) I'd have to buy it again. // 8

More Static-x reviews rating latest review
+ Cult Of Static 7.8 03/25/2009