Machine Review

artist: static-x date: 03/13/2007 category: compact discs
static-x: Machine
Released: May 22, 2001
Genre: Rock
Tones: Hostile, Eerie, Nocturnal, Detached, Aggressive, Malevolent, Nihilistic, Ominous, Menacing, Harsh
Styles: Alternative Metal, Industrial Metal
 7.8
 6.2
 9.3
Machine Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 30, 2004

Sound: Tight and produced, in terms of sound, it wasnt that bad. But it does'nt make up for the fact that the actual music is terrible. That is, unless you happen to like lots of 2-note riffs. I personally don't. // 6

Lyrics: Not particularlly good lyrics. Wayne Static is not sounding too good. He definately cannot sing, his lyrics are lacking in meaning. But, to be fair, theyre not too much worse than other lyrics by standard nu-metallists. Therefore, if you dig that stuff, disregard my negative view. Even though many other bands in the genre do pull it off better... // 4

Overall Impression: Avoid this album. The lack of talent on this Cd is horrid. 2-note riffs are key, standard rock beats on every song, and not very good singing. If the reason you want to buy this album is for its "heaviness", don't waste your time. Maybe you could thrash to it for a week, tops, but after that, you'd probably kicking your own ass for buying such a piece of shit album. You've been warned. // 4

Machine Reviewed by: Khamhead, on march 13, 2007

Sound: Static-X's sound and tone has always been heavy and simplistic in structure, so this album is no different. Heavy riffs and a mixture of industrial metal they somewhat continue what they start in WDT but you can tell that there trying to make a change. With the line-up change you can also see why there is somewhat change in sound. With the constant of Wayne Static and Tony the Evil Disco remains the same. // 9

Lyrics: Wayne Statics lyrics are simple in content but fits perfectly with the overall tone and feel of the Disc. At times it's hard to understand what he is saying because some of his word tend to run together, but for some reason does make lyrics. Whether that make since this is true in most of Static-X's music. But overall simple lyrics no much content. // 6

Overall Impression: To me this is their weakest album but by all means it's does pull no punches and for true fans I'd still reconmend this album. Singles like "This is Not" and "Black and White" but I like the palm picking as I call it in "Permanence" I like those songs the most but the overall album is hit and miss with some of the songs. Plus Static-X as a whole is a kick ass band that know how to rock a crowd and songs from this be use to do so. Just be careful for the non Static-X fans for it take some time to get into the album. // 8

More Static-x reviews rating latest review
+ Cult Of Static 7.8 03/25/2009