1+9+8+2 Review

Genres: Hard Rock, Boogie Rock
 3.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
1+9+8+2 Reviewed by: bass1991guitar, on august 10, 2006

Sound: I mean it's Status Quo. This is the first album to include Pete Kircher as the drummer replacing John Coghlan. Now this album is different. For the better and worse. It's a very raw-sounding album and that's worse. This is also where more synths can be "heard" which make the CD not sound like Quo at all. However some of the tracks became classics like Dear John and Jelousy. It's so hard to describe how I fell about this one and why I feel this way. I think as a Quo fan I just don't want to say it's crap. // 4

Lyrics: Aha! that's it. The good thing about this album are the lyrics! Get Out And Walk is class and Resurection works well. I also like I Love Rock And Roll 'couse good 'ol Lancy sings that one. It mentions all the old songs and I like that. One more good thing about the album is everyone but Pete has a go at solo vocals. "What about Andrew?!" I hear you cry well one of the bonus tracks is called Calling The Shots which is OK, and it's sung by Andy. Even the bonus tracks are live versions of kiss-ass classics from the Quo like Hold You Back but they were used as B-sides. Obviously Quo were running out of material. // 8

Overall Impression: Well it's for my collection so I would buy it again if it was lost or stolen but that's if the bastard didn't bring it back. It's very half and half but not the one to buy if you want to get into Quo. Singing and playing great as usual but pretty weak. Sorry Quo. // 6

More Status Quo reviews rating latest review