Rockin' All Over The World Review

status quo: Rockin' All Over The World
Release Date: 1977
Label: Capitol
Genres: Hard Rock, Boogie Rock, Pop/Rock
A clean, focused, and friendly pop record, Rockin' All Over the World displeased the band's hard rock-oriented fans.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Rockin' All Over The World Reviewed by: bass1991guitar, on december 14, 2007

Sound: Quo's re-release of their 1977 gem is of great importance regarding your record collection. Packed full of hits, this album is ready to rock you up, down, left and right. The 'fresher' sound is not the kind of sound you would hope or expect from early Quo albums. I think this is mainly down to Pip Williams' production styles. Things just aren't Quo. The overkill of effects such as Chorus just doesn't work. // 7

Lyrics: I've had the disc 2 years now and every time I play it, it never ceases to amaze. It's better than the original LP that I misplaced some years ago. // 8

Overall Impression: Well worth it for a fan. Also, I think that this is one of the very few Quo albums that I would choose over a compilation to introduce someone to the likes of the Quo. It's got tracks that appear on compilations everywhere like 'Dirty Water', 'Hold You Back', 'Can't Give You More' and the iconic 'Rockin' All Over The World'. Prepare yourself for a Christmassy, 40s intro on Getting Better though! // 9

More Status Quo reviews rating latest review