Under The Influence Review

status quo: Under The Influence
Release Date: Jul 6, 1999
Label: Spitfire
Genres: Hard Rock, Boogie Rock
This is the finest Quo album of their career and if you're interested in starting a Quo collection, you should start here!
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Under The Influence Reviewed by: bass1991guitar, on october 23, 2006

Sound: A truly remarkable album from the Quo. Released in 1999, everything is as it should be. A wide range of sounds and effects are used and some really rocking notes are produced. However I was a little disapointed with the amount of acoustic guitars played. They seem to be everywhere. Not that this is a bad thing but it 'aint the typical Status Quo. We hear a very tight band with lots of shuffle and major scale. Rossi's solos are easily the best I have ever heard. I'd be very proud to release this album with my band. // 9

Lyrics: Rossi's sons joined in with the writing here. I love all the lyrics on this album especially 'Blessed are the Meek'. I didn't get them at first but it struck me as I was tabbing it on this site! The clue was in the name! "You know the story about a woman and a man, in a garden living free, the only danger was a stranger by a tree." Pure, utter class. // 10

Overall Impression: An ace album. Get it whether you like Quo or not. Remember that they have influenced many bands today and will forever. You'll be lucky to get hold of it but God if you do, brace yourself. Perhaps they'll re-release it with the others? Who knows? All I know is I love this CD. // 9

More Status Quo reviews rating latest review