Superhero Review

stephen lynch: Superhero
Released: Jan 14, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Comedy Rock
This is not an album for those with a weak constitution, as vulgarity is the norm rather than the exception. That said, it's perfect for college campuses nationwide.
 9.8
 9.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Superhero Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 23, 2005

Sound: This guy is great, I really love his songs. Incase you have no idea who Stephen Lynch is, he is the biggest comedy singer out there right now. This CD is awnsome and it will make you laugh til your sides hurt and then some. The sound is good, being it's a live album from different shows he did in 2002, and the guitar is in tune for once, not that it never was but you know with it being a live album things happen. // 10

Lyrics: These are some of the funnest lyrics I have read. Here is an exsample "Talk To Me": "I didn't hear you enter, no I didn't hear the door, with my hand upon my member and my pants upon the floor. Now burnt into your brain is an image you despise, like blood and guts, starving kids and stevie wonder's eyes." Well, if you don't find that funny you can just go f--k yourself, this is my review damnit (haha). Every song is like this, from the lovely "For The Ladies" (the worst song ever) to the love song "Priest." During the the four to three songs, Mark Teich comes up and sings a few songs too. What else can I say, the lyrics are funny and what makes the album. // 10

Overall Impression: Next to Ron White's CD and Denist Leary, this is the funnist album I have heard in a long time. The one song that I will play over and over again would be the song "Priest" because it's the best song on the album, not that the other songs are bad. I love this album for it's raw feeling, like you don't know what going to happen next and the songs. If anyone toke this from me (God help that SOB) I would find them and they will pay, for a new copy if is broke. I think I will not lose it but if I do, I will get another one. // 10

Superhero Reviewed by: Rankles, on september 25, 2005

Sound: Stephen Lynch's first live album and first album after A Little Bit Special and his Comedy Central appearance put him on the map as a serious comedian surpasses the expectationhs you would have of him. This is Lynch at his best. With his mix of on the spot jokes and hilarious songs (his material improved ten fold since the last album) you get what Special was missing that the main focus is on humour. You get an awesome live show and loads of improvised jokes showing that he isn't just a funny writer. // 9

Lyrics: An excellent collection of songs are present on this album. All the ebst material from his debut album plus loads of great new songs, all perforemed as they should be heard. Highlights being Priest, Lullaby and She Gotta Smile, along with many more. The lyrics of the first album have been tweaked to perfection and you'll be laughing all the way through. // 10

Overall Impression: Whilst an excellent comedy album and truly Lynch at his best, with the kind of musical humour Lynch specializes in, repeat listens don't lend themself to much, as the songs are the same. This can of course be said about any comedian, but with later releases such as this repeating songs he is essentially repeating jokes. However, with the live banter and improvisation there'll be enough to keep you amused for a while. // 8

More Stephen Lynch reviews rating latest review