Fly Like An Eagle Review

steve miller band: Fly Like An Eagle
Release Date: 1976
Label: Capitol
Genres: Arena Rock, Album Rock, Blues-Rock, Pop/Rock
Steve Miller had started to essay his classic sound with The Joker, but 1976's Fly Like An Eagle is where he took flight, creating his definitive slice of space blues.
 8.5
 7.3
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Fly Like An Eagle Reviewed by: calvinthecanadi, on july 25, 2006

Sound: Steves "Fly Like An Eagle" (released in 1976) was what some called a landmark for Steves self-titled band. With Steve Miller on Guitar and vocals, and Lonnie Turner on bass, to Gary Mallabar this CD keeps on rockin' all the way through. With such trademark songs by Steve as "Take The Money And Run" to the albums title song (Fly Like An Eagle) this CD was worth my $12.99. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics seem somewhat simple on this album and Steve isn't the master of a singers, yet he has an intriguing, genuine voice that even your Grandma can remember. Most of the songs are jyst beautifully put to music and the guitar riffs are superb. // 7

Overall Impression: Comparing this to another rock/classic rock album around this genre, it may not add up to Clapton or Young but it can certainyl give them a run for their money! I love Steves unique southern voice but I don't like the fact that they're not very creative. Yet they can make up in that factor with original guitar riffs. If this CD was stolen I'd debate about buying it again but I would probably buy it again. No worries. // 7

More Steve Miller Band reviews rating latest review