Greatest Hits 1974-78 Review

steve miller band: Greatest Hits 1974-78
Release Date: 1978
Label: Capitol
Genres: Album Rock, Arena Rock, Blues-Rock, Pop/Rock
The thoroughness of Greatest Hits 1974-1978 makes it an excellent introduction to Miller, and for many casual fans, it also means that they can contain their Steve Miller collection to one disc.
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits 1974-78 Reviewed by: J-Smack, on july 12, 2007

Sound: This album has a little variety here and there, from psychedelia, to blues, to rock, but it is mostly acoustic. I like this sound, and it is easy to relax to. However, you can have a fun dance with these tunes, or use it for a party if you want to. You should know a few of these songs, seeing as they are hits. Most of the album is steady, with very few weak points. So, I would have to give this a good rating based on it's solidity. // 10

Lyrics: These are easy-going lyrics which are easy to learn if you are the sing-a-long type. Most of these are very fun tunes, or light-hearted love songs from a laid-back kinda guy. The vocals are great; just the perfect voice for the style of music. They have a big factor on my rating. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a good start to this band though. It's what I started with, and it helped me make my other purchase of them (see "Living In the USA.") This album is excellent, but I do like my other album which is a studio album better. I'm not much of a "hits" guy, so I did not give this a perfect album. If you like hits, bump the rating up to ten. // 10

More Steve Miller Band reviews rating latest review