Alein Love Secrets Review

steve vai: Alein Love Secrets
Released: Mar 21, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Instrumental Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Guitar Virtuoso
With the new sonic textures, the guitarist again demonstrates his fluid technique, which manages to never become completely mechanical.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.6
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Alein Love Secrets Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 25, 2005

Sound: Not often, but once in a while, an album will come out that only has about 7-10 songs on it and is better than most albums with 15-20 songs on them. This is one of those albums. Steve Vai's Alein Love Secrets is one of the most quintessential guitar albums ever made. The album opens up with Bad Horsie, a song with bone crushing riffs an awesome wammy bar solo. From there, the moods and composure of the album changes back and forth, but the full sound of the first track is persistent through out the entire album. // 10

Lyrics: Well, due to the fact that he plays 'instrumental rock', there are no lyrics. But, I give it a 4 for the one line in the album (at the end of track 2, Juice) "Shut Up, We know you can play, Jesus!" // 8

Overall Impression: The beauty of being an instrumental rock artist is that without a singer or lyrics, your music can appeal to a large audience of people. And because there are only 7 songs on the album, there are no bad soongs that one could select from it. I spent $5 on this CD at a used record shop, but after listening to it, I would have easily paid $20 for it (with tax). I'd highly recommend this album to any fan of guitar player who wonders, "What is a 'guitar god'?" // 10

More Steve Vai reviews rating latest review