Stone Sour Review

9.4
 9.9
 8.9
Stone Sour Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 20, 2006

Sound: The sound to this album varies in each song. It could be a heavy riff as in Get Inside or it could go to as very soft acoustic tone in the song Bother. Corey Taylor goes away from the screaming in Slipknot to a more softer tone in this side project. The drums do an amazing job of keeping up the tempo and do a good job of keeping the backround melody. What really makes this sound special are the guitars. Josh Rand has some amazing riffs and really makes a good sound. Jim Root provides that Slipknot twist that we all love. // 9

Lyrics: Corey Taylor uses this band to express his emotions. In Slipknot he does a lot of screaming in this band it appears he is more laid back. He sings about what he thinks is going on in the world and how he really feels about his life. The basic message in his solo Bother is the fact the he won't change who he is and he will always be this way. "I won't let go 'till it bleeds" is the last line of chorus and really express how he feels. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is definetly a must by for all Slipknot maggots. Corey definetly shows a side that everyone should see. The sound is very good and is really capurtes the mood in every song. The only downside is that the riffs might seen a little repetive and there isn't much difference between some of them. Ask anyone who has this album they will probably say its a must buy. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 21, 2004

Sound: Really Enjoyed the sound. Jim Root is the pinch-harmonic king. Corey Taylor is a great singer. Don't care too much for the drummer but besides that, thumbs up. There's really not alot to say about this album other than it's really good. // 10

Lyrics: Corey Taylor is (in my opinion) one of the best lyric writers of memory. Of course there's the odd song that falls short but you can't have everything. It really doesn't matter what he writes though he makes it work. (For all you maggots out there who know Disasterpeice, those lyrics really suck, but corey makes them fit too.) Cory Taylor is an awsome singer, from the power of Get Inside, to the Tranquility of Bother, he's got it all. // 10

Overall Impression: This is thier only album, (hopefully not thier last) so it's hard to compare. The closest comparison is Slipknot, but this was way before and also approached with a different attitiude than any of the Knot's albums. I personally really like Orchids, Get Inside, Bother, Idle Hands and Inhale. This album is really great, I this Corey wussed out a couple times with the nu-metal stuff but all in all, good job. If this were stolen, I'd kick the crap out of whoever stole it, and get it back. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: tulsa29, on august 31, 2007

Sound: The first song on the album, Get Inside, you may of already heard, it's the closest to slipknot than any other track by stone sour. The chugging rhythem of the guitar and kick-drums make this the song you'll go back and listen to, unless you prefer slow songs then either Bother or Inhale will be for you. While Joey Jordison is with Murderdolls, Corey Taylor and James Root, two members of Slipknot, and Slipknot's stage manager Shawn Economaki on bass, Joel Ekman on drumss and Josh Rand on guitar. The sound was good in most of the songs yet they are no Slipknot. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to Get Inside are about someone that said to Corey that he understand him but corey knows that it's not true and he says get inside because he wants the person to get near so he can try to kill him. The lyrics are about people wanting to be better than other people, girlfriends trying to kill Corey mentally, people not accepting him and expecting him to change for their own liking, saying he is invincible and no one can hurt him, people he has knew in his life and learning not to judge people for who they really are. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to their latest album Come What(ever) May this album kicks that one off the shelf. The most impressive song on this album is defiantly Get Inside. There are two main slow songs Bother and the not as slow Inhale and they were both great songs. Their is a poem at the end of the album called Omega read the words or listen to them carefully you should love it. If I lost this album I would be devastated and would run straight to the nearest record shop. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 26, 2004

Sound: When I first heard this CD, I was quite surprised, and in a good way. It's not very often that you find a modern metal band that actually sounds like they took time to write their music, and include lots of guitar solos. // 10

Lyrics: I say the same thing about the lyrics as I did with the music. I mean, yeah they do scream a bit too much sometimes and they drop the F bomb quite a bit, sometimes very unnecessarily, and I really wish they would have stayed away from rapping. Even though they didn't rap a whole lot, I still wish they didn't because rap-metal just isn't cool anymore. However, the lyrics are still acceptable. Corey Taylor sings the lyrics very well on this record. // 8

Overall Impression: I was very pleased with this album. It's not everyday we run into bands like Stone Sour who take time to write their songs and perform them with great passion. I was especially pleased with songs such as Bother, Inhale, Tumult, Monolith, and Take A Number. I also like Get Inside, but not as much as the others. I really enjoyed this album, despite occasional rapping and F bombs, and lots of screaming. That is not quite enough, though, to prevent me from giving the album an overall 5. It's worth the money and I'd get it again. I hope you guys liked it. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: Project_0, on july 25, 2005

Sound: One thing I look for when I listen to a CD is if it has variety. And this CD meets and exceds the expectation. It's just awsome. The amazing Guitar solos, sweet bass riffs, and the vocals are jusy out of you mind. They have heavey songs like "Get Inside" and they also have the hard rock songs like "Bother." It's great to see lead singer Corey Taylor (also of Slipknot) show his true colors and actually sing. // 10

Lyrics: In my opinion I have never heard a better hard rock/metal singer than Corey Taylor. His voice is amazing. The lyrics blew me away. I thought they would use a bunch of big words like in Slipknot but I thought wrong. They still do but not as much. I love the stories behind the songs. The lyrics are excellent. // 10

Overall Impression: There is no way to descrbe the music of Stone Sour. It's heavy, it's light, well it's just pure hard rock. There is none better on vocals than Corey. I didn't think the guitar would that great but they were. But the drums could use some work. But other than that its perfect. I would definetly get this CD if you are a Slipknot fan. The only big difference is that the drums are not as fast in Stone Sour. I love everything about this CD. Probably the best CD I have. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: boyan89, on july 17, 2006

Sound: The sound on this album is pure genious. The guitars on this album are really, really amazing with the raging solos and those kick ass bridges its all good. The drums on this album arent as heavy as Slipknot's drums but their still pretty damn heavy and their too kickass. The bass on this album is incredible and it is really heavy. Every song on this album has a really amazing sound and there is guitar solos and bass solos that are really amazing on this album especially the guitar solo in Get Inside. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are incredible and Corey shows his emotional side on this album which I really like. I really like the back up lyrics in some songs like Get Inside where the other guy is going like "(Motherf--ker)". Bother is an emotional song and it kind of reminds me of Circle off of Slipknots album Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses. The last song Omega Is A Speech (well if you want to call it a song that's up to you) and I thought it was actually pretty cool. // 10

Overall Impression: This album cannot compare to any other album because this album just kicsk major ass. I dont have a favourite song all of them are really, really good. I love everything about this album from beginning to end and I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again because it is a must have. I will recommend this album to any Slipknot fans, grunge fans, and any metal fans. If you are a Slipknot fan you will like this album a lot! Go and get it you will not regret it. // 10

Stone Sour Reviewed by: Shabalaba, on september 06, 2007

Sound: Stone Sour is one of my favourite bands just becuase they have that metal sound but without the shouting, don't get me wrong I don't mind that but it just gives these a unique sound. I got this album after hearing 30/30-150 of the new album when it first came out, and I just loved the sound of it, from the heavy crunching riffs, to the acoustic guitar of Bother I loved this album. // 10

Lyrics: I was into Slipknot before Stone Sour and I loved Slipknot for the same reason I like Stone Sour, the heavy guitar and a good voice. I've allways been a fan of Corey Taylor just because he has talent on guitar and he is able to sing in any form, from sort of rapping in the first Slipknot album, to the Melodic vocals in Through Glass (Come What(ever) May). He is also good at writing lyrics, they often have a mean or something behid them, whereas sometimes lyrics can be pretty rubbish and make no sence. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a album I play most days and have listened to 100's of times and every day I love it even more, it just has a varity of sound, from fast and heavy to slow and melodic, which makes this bandso unique, I've seen Stone Sour live and they are just as good live. This album is one of the best albums I've heard ever. My fave songs have to be 'Get Inside' 'Inhale' and 'Monolith'. // 10

More Stone Sour reviews rating latest review