The Very Best Of Review

stray cats: The Very Best Of
Released: 2003
Genre: Rockabilly, Psychobilly
Label: BMG, Camden
Stray Cats are a band that managed to keep the rockabilly sound alive in the late 70's. In this CD you'll hear blues, swing, and doo wops. I would highly recommend this CD to either a person who enjoys rockabilly or psychobilly.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Very Best Of Reviewed by: Tony-Go-Psycho, on june 06, 2011

Sound: Stray Cats are a band that managed to keep the rockabilly sound alive in the late 70's. The Band combined many different techniques within the music to give it that true diversity in their rockabilly sound. In this CD you'll hear blues, swing, and doo wops. I would highly recommend this CD to either a person who enjoys rockabilly or psychobilly. // 10

Lyrics: Brian Setzers (Vocalist/Guitarist) lyrics are very original, simple yet they make sense to the listener. "Storm The Embassy" is more of a political song that relates more to the present years in their lives but manages to get the point across very nicely.His vocals are also done in a very nice way but with more a maturity in this song that adds on to the tone/mood of the song. "I wont stand in your way" is one of the doo wop lovey type of songs that just is really a pretty song. Mostly all of the songs on this album where done perfectly with the lyrics and vocals both matching and then the instruments adding that final touch to the songs. // 9

Overall Impression: The Overall most impressive songs to me would have to be: 01. Rock This Town 02. Storm The Embassy 03. Runaway Boys 04. Drink That Bottle Down 05. I Wont Stand In Your Way Stray Cats are a band that compare to other artist but more closely to The Brian Setzer Orchestra and Lee Rocker (Stand Up Bassist of the Stray Cats) when they decided to go solo. But even listening to them by them selves isn't the same. If my CD had gotten stolen or broken or even scratched I would for sure buy it again. // 9

Comments