The End Has No End [Single] Review

strokes: The End Has No End [Single]
Release Date: 2004
Label: Rough Trade
Genres: Indie Rock, Garage Rock Revival
It is harder and edgier than the original; an absolute delight that should not be missed.
 9.5
 9.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
The End Has No End [Single] Reviewed by: Daniel Pearce, on february 24, 2007

Sound: I'm glad they made this into a single as it's one of their best songs. 'Clampdown' is a excellent rock song which has a good solo in it. At the end it has that long guitar sound that goes on for a few minutes while the crowd cheer which is a bit tedious for me, seems to take for ever to finish and it just seems as though they're trying to make the song longer! But otherwise it's good song for a bonus track (I find usually band's bonuses on albums and singles are trash) The Strokes' song: 'The End Has No End' is a classic song with such variety and cool bass to the chorus I think. Sound is key to The Strokes. // 9

Lyrics: As usuall singer-songwriter Julian (Vocals) has the perfect voice to suit all of 'The Strokes' music that they've produced. The slow peaceful voice or the shouting meaningful rock voice, they both appear in the song: 'The End Has No End'. On the first time of the chorus it's peacful and then on the second time he shouts it in a rough sortov way. These 'peaceful' and 'rough shouting' bits appear in most other songs on their albums. It's all part of his style, they both come under his style of vocals. Julian's voice always blends perfectly with the music in both these tracks and he's a great live performer, I'd advise you to see them live as long as the venues arn't all sold out! // 9

Overall Impression: This single includes two songs: 1st: 'The End Has No End', (I think that's a great name for a song), (album version) and 2nd song bonus track: 'Clampdown' (song is only on this single) which is played to a live crowd. I love the chorus of 'The End Has No End' with that sortov techno cool keyboard sound although I think it's one of The Strokes' guitars when one of them has fidelled with the amp to make it sound like that. That sound again is in '12:51' aswell if you havn't noticed. I hate the fact that I can't find the lyrics to Clampdown anywhere on the Net. It's a cool video aswell of 'T.E.H.N.E.' The NYC boys are one of the best bands in America and their kick-ass albums show that, main men for hair-doos. // 9

More Strokes reviews rating latest review
+ Comedown Machine 8.1 04/10/2013