Broken In Pieces Review

Genre: Rock
 4.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Broken In Pieces Reviewed by: JPaul17, on august 30, 2004

Sound: Since this was their first album the sound isn't perfect. The instruments are pretty good, but the singing doesn't sound as good as it could be. Their playing isn't too complicated, but sounds good. It's a cross between metal, emo and rock. // 8

Lyrics: The singing isn't top notch. It isn't always singing either. The larger part of this album is screaming, which isn't that bad, but the singing could use some work. The lyrics are well thought out and heartfelt, such as "Sick Pig" (which is about hate towards a rapist) and "Gun In Hand," about a shooter. // 6

Overall Impression: Even though this is their first album, its obvious they have a future in the music industry. They made it to warped tour this year, and have concerts all over BC. Their fan base grows every week, and their music doesn't get old. It's a variety of styles, and every song is different. Songs like "Through Me" are heavy and filled with angry lyrics, and songs like "Life's Disease" are sad and slow. I would definately buy this album again to help out a local band. // 10

Broken In Pieces Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 13, 2005

Sound: This slbum is like, a second demo, so the sound isn't perfect, but thats only because of the recording. The actual playing and singing is awesome. The singer has a new sort of whispering in the songs. Not to say that you can't hear him, just that it's high pitched and mystical sounding. There are also cool melodies, and the songs are catchy. I think it's incredible, I give it a five. // 10

Lyrics: I told you about the singing earlier, but the lyrics are good. They have meaningful points to get across, and they have some deep songs. Some people say that they scream too much, but when they do it sounds perfect, and they do it at nice times. Like in the song out of the mud, they screram quite a bit, but it sounds good. // 10

Overall Impression: I have to go because my brother wants to swim, so I'll keep this simple, the album is awesome, if you can, buy it! // 10

More Stutterfly reviews rating latest review
+ And We Are Bled Of Color 9.1 07/11/2005