In Due Time Review

submersed: In Due Time
Released: Sep 28, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge, Hard Rock, Alternative Metal
Submersed is an awesome up and coming band, and their freshman album "In Due Time" proves that they can play with the big boys.
 Lyrics: 9.6
In Due Time Reviewed by: Rocker3829, on october 12, 2004

Sound: Welcome to a new age with some great bands recently having great cds, and this band is probably the best of them all. The band is Submersed. They have tremendous potential. The melodies they create are amazing. Donald Carpenter has an amazing voice. Lead guitarist Eric Friedman is hands down one of the best today, he was on Steve Vai's development program at 15! Rhythm guitarist TJ Davis has come great rhythms to the songs. Bassist Kelan Luker was a former Div. 1A College Football QB and is awesome at bass as well. Garret Whitlock, the drummer, is amazing with the great drum beats. Every song on this album is amazing! // 10

Lyrics: One of the best writers to da is Donald Carpenter. The lyrics he writes make you think. No filler songs on the album at all. The first verse to "Divide The Hate" starts "Father may I be shown the man I have inside, be shown the way to swallow my pride!" Great song writing. // 10

Overall Impression: Best Album of the year, even better than Alter Bridge's. The solo in Parallism is amazing. Flicker has a very very original guitar lick and solo. Deny Me is amazing. Hollow is the first single, look out for it! You Run, if released as a single, will be their biggest hit. It is awesome. My favorite song on the album is Dripping, because I've heard the original demo. I've been listening to this band over a year now and they are still kicking ass. I own 3 copies of this cd. I've never owned more than 1 copy of any artist before Submersed. Look out for them, they have amazing potential. // 10

In Due Time Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 07, 2005

Sound: My first impression of Submersed was set when I stumbled over their song "You Run." I was suddenly amazed at how it sounded, how the two guitars fit together, and just how smooth everything was. There were some rough edges, but it just sounded right with the music. So I went and got the CD. I found something different on each track that I liked, a lot! The music is just nice, something that I could listen to for years to come. And the lead guitarist is only 18 years old and a personal friend of Mark Tremonti (Creed/Alter Bridge). This kid will only get better as time passes. There are a lot of rock chords in the music, layed down with an almost constant sweet of arpeggios or different runs. There is a feel of exotic oriental music on the beginning of Divide The Hate, which is really cool. Great CD! // 10

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics were just wow. They were well written, althought semi-repetative. Even though that is considered a common beginners mistake, it sounds right. The lyrics go with the music like nothing else. They are like toast and butter, couldn't be better. The skill of singer is just awesome. Given that he isn't a Miles Kennedy (Alter Bridge), he can still easily hold his own. The vocals on Hollow and At Peace are just inspiring, something that people will remember for years to come. // 10

Overall Impression: This band and CD could easily be compaired with Creed, Alter Bridge, Strata, and all the other Wind-Up labeled artists. I have a feeling once people find these guys, they will go to the top of the charts. The most impressive songs would have to be: Hollow, You Run, At Peace, Piano Song, Unconcered, and Flicker. I love almost everything about the album, save one or two songs, but there are always one or two songs that just don't seem right. It always happens. Lost or stolen, I would get this CD again, all there is too it. // 10

In Due Time Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 16, 2005

Sound: The music, just like any other band (with the exception of Evanescence) signed to Wind-Up Records, sounds somewhat like Creed, but this is a lot better. The solos are to die for, the bass (unlike Creed) stands out on its own, and the music blends well with the lyrics. // 10

Lyrics: Donald Carpenter sounds like he has had years of singing experience, and it shows with the sound. His lyrics sound personal on his own level, therefore I take his word for it. The lyrics match with the music, and overall, it's amazing. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is one of the best rock albums of 2005, pound for pound. This album sets the bar for young artists, and is really inspiring. The most impressive song on this album are: Hollow, In Due Time, and Parallelism. If someone stole this album, I would kick their ass like they stole my bike. The album is that important. // 10

In Due Time Reviewed by: AaronGuitar, on june 23, 2005

Sound: The sound to this band is like no other. I first heard them live for an Alter Bridge show. I said they should have been the main band. The bass is great and stands out a little more than any other band, the drums couldn't be any better, both guitars fit beautifully, the solos blow me away, and last the singing can't be beaten. // 10

Lyrics: I think the lyrics are great, something I can relate to. I listen to this CD while falling asleep and his words move me. Ever since I've been listening to this CD I have been coming up with some good lyrics for myself. The lyrics to the music fits perfectly. He also seems like he has a lot of experience with singing. I love how he sings the high notes in falseto for some songs. It sets their band apart from the others. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is by far the best CD I've gotten this year. The best songs to this album are To Peace, Flicker, Unconcerned, and Parallelism. If I were to have this CD stolen from me I would hunt them down and kill them. If I were to lose it... I wouldn't... believe me! // 10

In Due Time Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 18, 2005

Sound: This album basically kicks ass. The sound is completely different from any other band. I've followed this band since they began, probably because I know Donald. They started out with acoustic guitars then they got signed with Wind-up and they basically blew up. And now they're probably one of the best bands around because they dont use any sound board help to modify the voice. It's 100% real. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics actually mean something. They aren't retarded or don't make any sense at all, you can tell he sings with passion. Kind of like Staind, you can just tell that they love theyre jobs and they love their music. Which is hard to find in a band nowadays. Donald is a great singer and he knows what the hell he is doing. // 10

Overall Impression: It sounds kind of like Creed in some parts but its like 3287423875 better than Creed. The best songs are numbers 1-11 on the CD which is all of them. I love that they are dedicated to the music. If mine were lost or stolen I would pop a cap. Then buy a new one. Just so I could have 2. // 10

Comments