Hey I'm A Ghost Review

Sullivan: Hey I'm A Ghost
Release Date: Jan 24, 2006
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genres: Indie Rock, Emo, Post-Grunge, Punk-Pop
Sullivan are more about building big, emotional tidal waves of sound than wielding razor-sharp hooks, but when they do deliver a hook they deliver it big.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Hey I'm A Ghost Reviewed by: HAHABOB, on may 01, 2006

Sound: Here is a band that is not very well known but their new CD, Hey, I'm A Ghost, is worth checking out. It is put together well. The vocals are powerful, the guitar is played well, the drums create a creative beat. This is a very good punk rock band. The cd consists of mostly good songs and there are a few that stand out from the rest. If you like Christian rock you should definately check this out. // 9

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics is they're very good. The lyrics are powerful with a good message. They do have their falls though. The songs with the most powerful impressions are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Promise" and "How I Remember You." Although this singer of this group may not be considered Idol material his voice matches the sound very well. // 8

Overall Impression: My favourite songs on this album are "Ten Ways To Impress", "Cloudy", "Cars At Break Neck speeds", "Promise", and "How I Remember You". This album is played in my stereo quite a bit and one of my favorite albums. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy it again. The one thing I would change is some of the lyrics that are "Different". // 9

Comments