Flight Of The Behemoth Review

artist: sunn o date: 09/09/2004 category: compact discs
sunn o: Flight Of The Behemoth
Released: Feb 5, 2002
Genre: Electronica
There's not much metal in these compositions on the surface even though the traces are clearly there.
 9.6
 9.2
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Flight Of The Behemoth Reviewed by: doomandgloom, on september 09, 2004

Sound: The words heavy dont give this release justice. I swear my house shook off its foundation when I played this for the first time. A sub sonic assault from Masters of Doom Stephen O'Malley and Greg Anderson. I don't think I've ever heard something so musically dark and suffocating, (Teeth Of Lions comes to mind but what do expect with Stephen and Greg in that band as well). Heavy and simplistic and droning onward till youve lost all hope for a better life. Five tracks alltogether with 2 tracks remixed (if you can call it that) by Japenese noise guru Merzbrow just further inhance the dark dementia soaked insantiy trip you will experience. // 10

Lyrics: No lyrics here, just a musical journey. The fact there are no lyrics just enhance the release. // 10

Overall Impression: Sunn O))) pretty much started off as nothing but an Earth tribute band and while I think Earth second relese (Earth 2) is incredible I feel Sunn O))) have conquered that release and extended the boundaries for drone. The raw heaviness of it is almost like being in a religious trance or an out of body experience, Very primal and ancient, I somehow feel the ancient civilizations worshipped their Gods while listening to something like this. // 10

More Sunn O reviews rating latest review