The Undislodgable Nugget Scenario Review

Genre: Grindcore
Label: Bizarre Leprous Productions
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Undislodgable Nugget Scenario Reviewed by: FoulIncantation, on february 15, 2010

Sound: Super Fun Happy Slide are a Grindcore/Goregrind with a touch of thrash metal and powerviolence band from Melbourne, Australia that formed in 2004. Super Fun Happy Slide have stated on their myspace that: "It's pretty simple - we love raw old-school grindcore, we love dirty goregrind and we love mad thrash attacks, so we mash them all together while playing as fast as possible" And thats truly what you get here with The bands debut album "The Undislodgable Nugget Scenario" it is a pure,dirty fuzzy non stop grind fever album from start to finish it contains 19 (3 being live, so really 16 studio tracks) that was released 2009 through Bizarre Leprous Productions they are: 01. It's A Fast One 02. It's Not Taboo If It Happens To You 03. Thrashed Out Gash 04. Designer Rock Can Suck My Cock 05. Regurgitation Of Giblet-Like Chunks Of Pathologically Perverse Gore 06. De-Virginiser 07. Bohemian Sodomy 08. Hot Dog Down A Hallway 09. Let's Thrash Metal 10. F--k... I Just Copped A Beer Glass To The Head!! 11. Gastrological Ventriliquist 12. Revenge Of The Afterstench 13. Retreat To Nowhere (Napalm Death Cover) 14. I Can't Believe It's Not Carcass 15. Placenta On The Dancefloor 16. Undislodgable Nugget Scenario 17. Napalm Shower (Live) 18. Superfunhappysong (Live) 19. The Day Everything Became Something (Live) The Line On This record: Brad - Bodacious Beats Den - Rambunctious Riffs Nik - Vicious Vocals Benny - Electric Bass Guitar The production on this album is raw probably to the extent where some people just wont listen to it because of that reason. The band recorded the songs (minus the live ones) with no budget at a rehearsal room by the band members in late 2007. And now look they're millionaires...haha, The guitar can sound very fuzzy at times, but all instruments still seem to manage to cut through the dirtyness of the production to deliever total catchyness in the form of annihilation. The guitars are extremely catchy as I mentioned and the drums blast away like theres no tomorrow, and also the bass can be heard well through out the recording of these songs. There's not really much to say except Super Fun Happy Slide are just a Grindtastic band from melbourne and that I can't wait too see what these guys have up their sleeves next! // 9

Lyrics: The vocals range from a pitchshifted gurgling sound, to a defeaning high scream to a powerviolence type of yelling, Super Fun Happy Slide have just got it all. As for lyrical themes There aren't actually lyrics printed within the booklet but I can hear words being sung usually the name of the song titles being said as in the track "Let's thrasuh Metal": "Let's Thrash, Lets thrash Metal" Thats pretty much it genious isnt it? I would say they have a huge sense of humour within in song titles and they display them a great sense of pride! // 9

Overall Impression: With a band that recorded this with no budget I gotta say this is damn impressive! somehow it can manage to beat alot of the bands that I hear that can have up too thousands of dollars for their budgets. But this bands from melbourne which is where alot of good grind bands come from such as The Kill (Nik also sings in this band), Blood Duster, The Day Everything Became Nothing, Garbage Guts, F--k...I'm Dead. So I just think Super Fun Happy Slide are just another awesome band from melbourne to be added to the list. Killer CD to check out if you're into Infectional catchy dirty gore slingin thrashing, grinding, powering madness! Thanks For Reading! Check out the bands myspace. // 9

Comments