CMXCIX Review

3.9
 7.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
CMXCIX Reviewed by: zannibal, on october 21, 2011

Sound: Survivors Zero is a not so known metal band from Finland. Even though they're not so well known, there are some pretty famous members in band, like their bassist Tapio Wilska - the former singer of Finntroll on album "Nattfödd". So, their music is pretty aggressive, and they describe it as death metal. The sound is perfect, and can't find anything to whine about on their playing. Riffs are good, so are melodies and solos. // 9

Lyrics: Now we come to part that ruined the band for me. Lyrics. "Archangel. Lightbearer. Savior Revelations of Lucifer's rebirth" Guys, WRONG GENRE. I have some bad attitude for Black Metal lyrics, and all the songs are like that. I just don't like that satanic stuff, and that takes a lot of scores points from me. But the singer still saves some scores as he's able to do death growls and high screams and he sounds good. // 6

Overall Impression: As this is their debut album, I can't compare it to anything. Musically it's awesome and also vocals are good but the lyrics just ruins it. I hope they change the theme of lyrics to next album. As I really don't listen to death metal, I can't tell how good death metal this is, but if lyrics isn't problem for you, be sure to check out. // 8

Comments