Metalized Review

Label: GWR Records
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Metalized Reviewed by: deathx88, on september 21, 2007

Sound: This is one of the heaviest power metal albums ever to be released in the '80s. From the beginning of the album to the end, every single song has nothing but powerful head banging riffs. All 10 tracks are equally heavy and get straight to the point. I first listened to this band when my friend had a tape of it, none of us knew what it was but the title Metalized seemed cool to us. The first track F.T.W. blew me away and I couldn't believe I've never heard of this band before. I listened to all the songs and it just hit me hard, and none of the songs let up. I knew that this was one of those rockin out albums that you could play all the way through and like every song. Every song is also unique in it's own way, none of the songs run together. The riffs are crunchy and intricate, the solos are sharp, and the drums are like cannons. The quality is not the best in the world, but the music makes up for all of it. // 9

Lyrics: I really never listen to the lyrics all that much, but they work well together with the music. From song titles like F.T.W. which seems to be about riding motorcycles, and Stoned Again which is about getting loaded, the lyrics seem to be pretty straight forward. There are some songs like Children Of Heaven and Evil Spell which I'm still curios to know what their about, and I'll eventually take the time to try and listen to the words, since you can't find the lyrics anywhere. As for the singer, he's amazing. Great range and powerful voice, he sounds like the perfect metal singer. He can sing high, but doesn't sound too girly, it really is the perfect mix for metal. // 8

Overall Impression: Sword only released two albums, Metalized in 1986 and Sweet Dreams in 1988. Both albums didn't get the recognition they deserved, but Metalized is easy said one of the greatest heavy metal albums on all time. Basically every song is just as impressive as the next, so it's hard to choose songs over the other. They made a music video for the song Stoned Again, so you can check that on youtube if you want. Every thing on this album is great, and there's nothing really to hate about it. I don't own the album, since it's so hard to find, but I will defiantly buy this as soon as I can. Bottom line is, this one of my favorite metal albums ever, and it's a must buy for anyone that likes this type of music. // 10

Comments