Tell All Your Friends Review

9.6
 9.7
 9.4
Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: TheBlueChanell, on august 02, 2004

Sound: This album is one of the best albums out to date. The vocals can range anywhere from smooth and mellow to loud screamoish styles. John does a great job in backing up Adam. The band in whole sounds unique, with catchy guitar riffs and harmonic vocals. The effects they use are neat for instance in The intro to head club they use a flanger teqnique which sounds awesome. They also inclue piano and violin in Their music which is a good twist. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing, from harsh lines such as "is you could slit my throat, and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt." To bitter lines such as "I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions" and "if I'm just bad news then your a liar." Theres also lyrics full of heart like "So cruch me baby I'm all ears." The overall sound of the lyrics is diverse and ranges any from intense to soothing and mellow. The band really fits the lyrics together and it all flows smoothly and makes it easy to listen to over and over agian. // 10

Overall Impression: My Overall Impression of "Tell All Your Friends". The guitar riffs are hooky and sometimes jazzy to almost rockish. The vocals are catchy and easy on your ears. The way the band layed out there album is great because you never get bored and its something new every song. If I were to lose this cd id buy a new copy the second I lost it I've already had 3. It's a shame that the band lost 2 members not many bands make it through a line up change. But Fred and Matt are a great additon and it made the band better and stronger. // 10

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: Kaney, on april 19, 2005

Sound: Taking Back Sunday are one of my favourate bands and defenatly a band you will like if you like bands such as Thursday, Hawthorne Heights and Brand New. This CD is very easy to listen to and very addictive. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in these tracks are great. John Nolan and Adam Lazzara sound amazing and the backing vocal parts are genius and each tracks builds up to an amazing harmonic part when both singers sound amazing. Adam Lazzaras and John Nolans voices are perfect for the songs and the difference in their style of singing makes the songs great especially John Nolans hoarse singing and screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD has virtually no weak tracks and in the 1 or 2 that aren't quite as good as the others always have great harmonies. The tracks that stand are "Cute Without The E," "Great Romances Of The 20th Century," "Youre So Last Summer," "Head Club" and especially "Theres No I In Team" and "Ghost Man On Third." The lyrics on this CD are genius and in all these tracks the guitars, bass, drums and singing parts are all amazing. // 10

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 23, 2003

Overall Impression: Great and very smooth lyrics (which sometimes almost sounds like it is a question) and an excellent voice by lead singer Adam combined equals the stunning and great performance by these 5. Fast pace songs with nice guitar solo's and very entertaining back up singing, but sometimes echo's lead singer, not very original. Lead singing sometimes drowns out the bass which sometimes makes you wonder why there is one, because you can hardly (if ever) hear him; although the bands does have 1 bass solo in "You know how I do." Very addictive cd that makes for a fun listening experience. I highly recommend this cd. // 10

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 26, 2003

Sound: The Sound quality of this CD is very good. I, personally, like this CD very much, but I can also see how others might not. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great. "So sick so sick of bring tired, and oh so tired of being sick. We're both such magnificent liars, so crush me baby, I'm all ears. So obvoiusly desperate, so desperately obvious." I love when artists can twist things around like that. I also like how there are almost constant harmonies, and switching off with singing. It's great when you can't say "oh this song is sung by so-and-so". // 10

Overall Impression: Not a perfect CD, but damn good. I listen to it all the time, but like I said before I can see how some people may not like it. It's kind of screamy, and some of the songs drag on and are weird, but I like it. It's probabally one of those CD's you like or you dont. I'd reccomend listening to it before you buy it, or buying it if you like Brand New. // 8

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: BassChick101, on march 01, 2004

Sound: I thought the music on this album was great I loved how it was all over the placed and you couldn't really predict how the next song would sound. // 10

Lyrics: I thought the lyrics were ok some were great and some I thought were pretty awful. the one song i didn't care for much lyric wise was "Great Romances of the 20th Century" I thought the lyrics were kinda all over the place and I couldn't really pin point what the song was about but I LOVED all the other songs. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this is awesome and definitely a good buy. I listen to the whole thing (even Great Romances of the 20th Century) and I think its great what I think sucks about it is theres only 10 songs and the fact that there song titles don't match the song and it makes it kinda confusing to know the names of the songs but it a Great album. // 10

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2004

Sound: Amazing riffs and vocals. Both tie in nicely with eachother. Although the bass might be a tad quiet, he is an amazing bassist, as well as drumming. All of those guys are amazing. // 10

Lyrics: Whiny at some points, heart-felt at others, Adam has an amazing voice, as well Fred does a good job at switching it up and taking over in some parts. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this band, they're amazing live, and i dont think i could ever get sick of their music. I anticipate their next album. I recommend that EVERYONE checks out their older stuff that didnt make it onto the record, like "Lost And Found" (Amazing Drumming). Everyone buy this album! // 10

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: lmao, on february 18, 2006

Sound: I first began listening to TBS about 3 moths ago, when I heard A Decade Under the Influence, the band's first single from their album, Where You Want to Be, and I knew that I had to check out this band. What better place to start than their debut under the label Victory Recors, Tell All Your Friends. The sound is a mix of all things that are good about emo music. Harsh and sarcastic lyrics, amazing back-up singing, and melodious harmonized guitar sounds all characterize this album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are the best thing about this album in my opinion and if I had to describe them in a couple of words I would say "smart imaturity". TBS foucuses mainly on young love relationships. They yelp things like "The truth is you could slit my throat and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt" and spit out things like "So sick so sick of being tired and oh so tired of being sick." Amazing sarcastic and deep wrtintg. The back up singing is layered like sublimital messages. You really have to listen to hear everything but you'll be glad you did. My only complaint is that sometimes the lead singer voice can get annoying. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a very impressive album if you can get past the annoyance of the lead singer's voice. I don't hate anything about it. The songs "Cute Without The E" and "Timberwolves At New Jersey" are the best in my opinion. This is one of the best emo albums ever released. If this album were stolen or lost I would definitely buy another one. // 9

Tell All Your Friends Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 19, 2007

Sound: This was Taking Back Sunday's first, and, in my opinion, best. Keeping it simple, Taking Back Sunday's genius is not in their complexity of music or lyrics, but in that they have a great progressive sound, they keep the music light (although the album does have its dark moments), and put emotion into the album to make it work. Probably the best part of this album is indeed the mood you get when you hear the songs. Not the most musically complex, the band doesn't aim to be Van Halen or Led Zeppelin, they keep the solos light, and aim for a cohesive sound of double vocals over guitars, drums, and bass. // 10

Lyrics: The best part of the lyrics is definitely the infectiousness of them. After two or three listens, they start to play in your head. "You Know How I Do"'s opening line (So sick, so sick of being tired, and also tired of being sick) sets the mood for the rest of the album's lyrics. Almost all have great lyrics (in particular There's No "I" In Team, a song actually aimed as a response to Brand New's "Seventy Times Seven", even going so far as to use some of the same lyrics) while, in my opinion the only one that doesn't is the exit track "Head Club", which is still a fantastic song. Whether or not they strike your heart or not, the lyrics are fun and infectious, and will have you singing them over and over again. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is fantastic, simplistic, extraordinary. The songs are great, and, as a full listen, the album blends perfectly, capturing the fire of youth while not going too far into the emo style, keeping the songs as light as possible without losing the edge to them. A great effort and one of my all-time favorite albums, Tell All Your Friends is an amazing effort by a (once) amazing band. // 10

More Taking Back Sunday reviews rating latest review