After We Go Review

9.8
 9.5
reviews (4) 1 comment vote for this album:
After We Go Reviewed by: Rocker3829, on march 04, 2004

Sound: The sound on this cd is amazing. They have really improved from their first album. The guitar work is awesome. The vocals are good. The bass and drums are right in line too. Great acoustic and electric guitar mix. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are pretty good. They showcase about times in the bands life. // 10

Overall Impression: This cd having only been out 2 days but having been bought the first day by me, and listening to it almost non-stop, is very good. Outstanding tracks include "The Chain" "Awake" "Alright" and "After We Go". Definitely worth buying, and it only cost me $11.99 because it's new at best buy. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again. I still say Jesse is one of the best guitarists in rock music today. Not all power chords, the guy uses a varitey of effects and scales and comes up with the unique sound of Tantric. // 10

After We Go Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 29, 2004

Sound: Man, I love the sound on this record. Todd Whitener is a hell of a guitarist and he deserves all the credit he gets. But he doesn't deserve all the credit. Matt Taul is an excellent drummer and Jesse Vest is a damn good bassist. All in all, the musicianship is tight and the sound on this album is just incredible. // 10

Lyrics: I like the lyrics on this album. Hugo Ferreira and Todd Whitener master the two singer technique like Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell did for Alice In Chains. The lyrics show that the band's songwriting is solid and that they know how to harmonize. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this album is just too damn good to pass up. My personal favorites are "Change the World", "Relentless" and "Before". But this is a cd in which you don't need not to skip over a song. I promise you, it's it's what rock should sound like (not all this recycled trash on the radio). Pick up your copy now. You won't be sorry. // 10

After We Go Reviewed by: Default19, on may 10, 2004

Sound: This album's sound stil keeps Tantric's style but brings it into more of a rock sound. While I love the album, I miss their sound from their self-titled album "Tantric" It is a great CD though, and I STRONGLY recomend them to anyone who loves rock... especially down the line of older bands (e.g. Alice in Chains). // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics on here kick ass... I personally love "Falling Away" They definitly didn't lose their writing skills. For any Fleetwood Mac fans out there, Tantric did an AWESOME rendition of "The Chain" Perfect harmony. It fucking rocks on the CD but is even better live. Speaking of harmony. Hugo's voice is amazing, and he makes it work with the rest of bands sound. Perfect voice for a perfect band. // 10

Overall Impression: I believe everybody needs Tantric's albums in their collection. They are definitly a band you don't want to miss. I love the musicalitly of it all... Hugo's voice, the amazing guitar riffs, and even the drummer is great. I can't even compair them to any other band. They are simply a great band. // 10

After We Go Reviewed by: mcww1, on november 20, 2004

Sound: The overall sound of "After We Go" is a southern rock feel with some really rocking songs here and there to add a little more power to it. The singer's voice is real deep and low and is perfect for the southern rock sound. // 10

Lyrics: Just like in any song, the lyrics have a meaning of what you make them to be. Tantric does an excellent job with the lyrics because no matter what, you can find a meaning in them that realtes to you and gives the song a special meaning. It might not take the first time you listen to the cd to realise the meaning but after awhile, the songs become more personal. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally, this is my favorite cd that I own because the sound of guitar and the singer's voice mix perfectly. I really like how they start the cd off with chasing after it kicks it off with a real rockin song and really makes you want to listen to the whole thing through. Hero is a great song it's towards the middle of the cd and mixes things up a bit but still has the great sound. I love this cd and if I lost it I would definetly go out and buy another copy. This cd gives you that great feeling that makes you wanna rock. // 10

More Tantric reviews rating latest review
+ Mind Control 7.8 08/04/2009