Welcome Review

Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge, Alternative Metal, Rap-Metal
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this album:
Welcome Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 25, 2003

Overall Impression: Taproots first cd was one of the best cds I have in my collection. So when thier new cd came out I rushed to get it. But as soon as I put it in I was feeling rather... well disapointed. The songs just aren't as good anymore. The band really took a wrogn turn with their sound it's just not as heavy any more and the singer doesn't seem to use the same kind of talent as he did with the songs on "Gift". The only good song in this cd is "Poem"; and "Fault" isn't al that bad, but they sure don't compare to tracks such as Emotional times, Again and again, and Day by day from their debut. Too bad I really thought they were on the right track. // 4

Welcome Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 25, 2003

Overall Impression: There has been hype of Taproot being a new addition to the Fred Durst Slave list and being yet again another grundge rip off but ever since the deal with Fred's major label went bust Taproot have been expossed to the wild life of the music industry again. This has done them no harm if not benifited them a great deal! Welcome is not only a brilliant album its another chapter to the new Bible for the growing religion called Nu-Metal. After finishing a tour with Pitchshifter and The Kennedy Soundtrack they have built up a bigger fan base for this album! The new album is full of brilliant catchy Riffs and Chorus's. Songs Like Poem, Fault, Breath, Sumtimes and Myself prove me 100% correct. Welcome is going to certainly take Taproot up with the greats in nu-metal like Incubus, Korn and Lostprophets. The main reason for this is the album secretly screams this is a masterpiece give us the respect we deserve!! // 10

Welcome Reviewed by: bimsterfls, on december 06, 2004

Sound: Allright when I first heard the single "Poem" I thaught "wow I better pick this cd up" so I did and I was amazed by how much it sucked! I don't like this album one bit but for now let's talk about sound. Well the guitar sounds just like all the other nu-metal bands. I think some nu-metal is ok at times but this is just bad besides the fact that the singer whines like someone is grabbing his nose, there is one good song on the album all of the other songs sound like they where made really quick so they could get the album out. // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics are actually ok but the melodies are almost the same he just sings high up and goes low and back up again but I have to say that they did a good job on the lyrics to a few songs. // 4

Overall Impression: OK as you can tell I hate this album It can only compare to the other nu-metal stuff and if you're into that sort of thing pick it up but I'm not I mean I like some stuff but not this. "Poem" is the only song worthy of listining to download that song because I like it alot just don't waste your money on the cd. As I have established poem and a few riffs are the only good things about this one. If this cd was lost or stolen I really wouldn't care I'll probally end up throwing it against my wall. // 4

More Taproot reviews rating latest review
+ The Episodes 7.2 05/14/2012