Fearless Review

taylor swift: Fearless
Released: Nov 11, 2008
Genre: Country
Label: Big Machine
Fearless is the second studio album by American country pop artist Taylor Swift, released on November 11, 2008 (see 2008 in country music) on Big Machine Records.
 8.3
 7.9
 8.6
Fearless Reviewed by: F***, on december 19, 2008

Sound: The sound of Taylor's second album is slightly different from her first. This song starts out with a nice, song that can best be described as sit back, close your eyes, and feel it. Most of the songs, are like that one, except for a few like, "You Belong With Me" which are a little more up beat. And you've got the song "Hey Stephen" which kinda reminds me of her song "Sty Beautiful." This album seems to have more simpler songs than her first. it's just a nice sound all around. // 9

Lyrics: Taylor's lyrical skills are just as good as they were in her debut album. Only difference is, she wrote more by herself than she had on her debut album. "Fearless" is a prime example of her lyrical abilites, it's a nice summer song, that explains love. "Fifteen" is basically just about life for a modern day 15 year-old. "Love Story" is a good, Romeo and Juliet, song. After those three songs, you get into the song "Hey Stephen" which the lyrics are a lot like those of "Stay Beautiful." A few songs later you have "You Belong With Me" in which, she's just your ordinary girl, who's in love with a guy who only wants the most popular cheerleader. Which is kind of common in life. But, like I said earlier, she's good at writing lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I'd say this album was better than her first. It fits her voice a whole lot better. The best thing about this album is it's laid back feel, it's a good CD to listen to if you just want to relax, or go to sleep. I've got nothing bad to say about this album. it's all good. Infact, if I ever lost it, I'd probably cry and go buy a new one. // 10

Fearless Reviewed by: melissa131, on october 02, 2009

Sound: The sound of the album is not too great but considering the artist, not much can be expected. It is a little better than the first album taylor Swift, but it still has a long way to go to improve. Firstly, Taylor Swift's voice is quite average. It makes you wonder how she actually got to be a singer, it also sounds a little low and as if she's singing through her nose. All the songs basically sound the same, they use mostly the same instruments with the occasional electric guitar. // 3

Lyrics: Well they just tell stories. The stories almost all deal with love and Taylor Swifts life and it makes you wonder how many boyfriends did she have? In my opinion I really dislike the way she puts names into songs. The problem with telling a straight out story for a song is that sometimes it doesn't really go along with the beat and it almost never rhymes. The only good thing is that taylor Swift's voice matches the lyrics. // 2

Overall Impression: Compared to her first album, this is an improvement. It does not compare though to many of the other albums on the market. It feels a bit too mellow and to me there seems that there is not much emotion or thought put into it-like the disney songs it's just out there to be bought. The best song in the album would be Change, this is slightly different from the other songs and it has electric guitar in it. However, it gets quite old and the topic is rather vague. You belong with me has a good beat which many people like. Love story is based on Romeo and Juliet and this would be cool but WTF! No one dies? The video clips are ok though. I do not really love anything about it but I do hate some of the songs. If it were stolen, I would most probably not buy it again because frankly it is a waste of money. // 4

Fearless Reviewed by: Rebeccal9972, on january 07, 2010

Sound: Taylor Swift sound is very unique. In her newest album, the Fearless Platinum Edition, it adds 6 new songs to the original tracks of Fearless which sold over 10 million copies. I think that the 6 new tracks added deffinitly add to Fearless. I absolutely loved Fearless, I really do, but its just not like her first album. She didn't keep the same good old country sound in her music. The original Fearless was deffifinitly more popish, but the 6 tracks added deffinitly make a different impression. I think that some of the tracks deffinitly had more countryish sound. The old her is starting to come back. And hopefully her third albu won't get turned into pop! // 8

Lyrics: Taylor Swifts lyrics are amazing! She writes or co-writes all her songs. Her songs deffintily relate to teenagers. She still is kind of a teenager, and so she writes all of our life stories. Its deffinitly a comfort to listen to Taylor Swift music. Because she goes through a lot of the same things, and it helps you not feel alone. Taylor can sing amazingly. Even live, she sounds great. But she deffinitly doesn't lip sing, because she makes mistakes sometimes. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't think it can compare. Its way too good to be compared to other artists albums. What I love about it is its different. She's not afraid to make music that wasn't popular on the radio. She wanted to be different, and thats why we all love her. The best songs in my opinion are from the 6 new songs are Superstar and The Other Side of the Door. Superstar brings back that old Taylor that we miss, and its an amazing song about this guy who's all popular, and plays guitar, and she adores him like every other girl in the school. The Other Side of The Door is about her boyfriend, and they're fighting, but she's really fighting because she wants him to relize that she wants him to admit that he's in love, to do crazy wild loveable things for her, like to throw pebbles at her window. And when he finally does she tells him she doesn't need him, but she really does. Then the end verse is very personal, I'm guessing. It feels like a seperate song but its not. After a while it'll fit. Its like a story of her memories about him. I think the end is the best part. Then from the original tracks, my favorites are pretty much all of them. If my CD got lost I would deffinitly buy it again! I won't tell you anymore, you can go and buy the CD yourself and listen! // 9

Fearless Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 19, 2009

Sound: The sound is very different from the first album. The first album had lots of country sound to it, now she has more of a pop/rock sound to it, with still her country in it. I liked what she called the album, "Fearless", the way she decribes the meaning of fearless is not about not having fears, but not being afraid to jump at them. It was very inspiring I thought, and definitely made me think of what I thought fearless meant. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics were amazing. She is a very inspiring song-writer, and sometimes her songs give me chills, especially the ending of "Love Story". She writes how she feels or wishes she feels, which I think makes her really good because she's gone through most of those things, and to think how many times she went through that is amazing how she didn't fall. I think song-writing is a good way to vent accually any kind of writing, and everyone should try it. Her singing skills are amazing. She can hit high notes that I can't even hit, and she uses them correctly. ' // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this artist is that compared to other poeple taylor swift has talent. Some of my favorite songs from the album are "Love Story", "Fearless", "Forever & Always", and "Change". What I love about "Love Story" is that it is a very good song, very well written, but the thing I don't like is that it isn't that slow and it's not a very good dancing song. What I like about "Fearless" is that this is all a dream, what she wished her very first date would be like, but it never did happen that way. What I like about "Forever & Always" is how strong it's written. She really feels strongly about how this boy told her she loved her but didn't mean it, and meanwhile she learns he's not what she thought he was. And "Change", another strong and powerful song. It really speaks to you, and it definitely inspired me that change is that bad. It was accually written about how Taylor Swift's record company was so small, she didn't get all the perks that the big one's got. So she wrote this song about how they could fight and win in the end. If I ever lost or the CD got stolen I'd go out and buy 2, just in case one got lost or stolen again. This CD inspired me and helps me get through the bad times when I feel like falling, and it made me like country music. If you do not like country music that much I'd still tell you to go buy this cd. // 10

Fearless Reviewed by: Loulou800, on august 13, 2009

Sound: Taylor Swift's new CD combines her overall thought and emotion to past boyfriends. Using her creative thoughts and using the memory of her past, she creates beautiful melodies and catchy tunes. With the help of Big Machine Records, Taylor Swift is now a hit singer in Country Music. Her past demo songs also brought her to stardom. // 8

Lyrics: Taylor's lyrics and very catchy. They describe her real life in the past, particularly in The Best Day, one of her songs in the album Fearless. Taylor Swift's singing skills are simply brilliant. Some of the covers she did, like Umbrella by Rihanna was fantastic! Her voice connects with everything. // 8

Overall Impression: Taylor's album has a connection to some other albums that girls write- they're about boys. But its only natural for a girl to write about them, so theres no overall difference. The most impressive songs in Taylor's album are "Forever and Always" (written about ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas), "You Belong With Me", "Love Story", and "Hey Stephen". These songs are really great because they each have emotions that she was tied down to. In "Belong With Me" she really wants to be with the guy, but he doesn't seem to notice till the end. Some things she should change would be to write about different things than boys, but, it's my opinion. If the CD got lost, I would buy it again, because the CD is very addicting to listen to! I've heard it over a dozen times. It's a very wonderful CD. Overall, Taylor Swift is a beautiful, talented, bright singer. // 9

More Taylor Swift reviews rating latest review