Underage Thinking Review

teddy geiger: Underage Thinking
Release Date: Mar 21, 2006
Label: Sony
Genres: Pop/Rock, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Singer/Songwriter
This is unabashedly mainstream music, not cool in the slightest, but the great absence of well-executed, tuneful adult-oriented pop/rock in 2006 makes Underage Thinking all the more appealing.
 8.6
 9.1
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Underage Thinking Reviewed by: guitar21@WE, on april 08, 2006

Sound: My impression of this CD is alot different from his preleased album "Step Ladder" The album Step ladder was a lot more of just teddy, and now it has been turned into a more poppy feel. The general sound of the album sounds as if it was to please more of a pop culture teenager than a guitarist. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics of Teddy are very good, a lot of them talk about love, if not infact all of them. Teddy is a very talented young singer that can sing along with his own guitar or piano playing. Also, he writes just about most of his music on the album. It is very orgininal. It has a very nice flow to it. // 10

Overall Impression: This album I feel lost a lot from the early relase "Step ladder" as it became more for a mainstream type of crowd. I still love Teddy's music as I saw him Live in Buffalo, and even his new songs on Underage thinking that I thought were too poppy were amazing live. I love the sogns from Step ladder the early release that were unchanged when moving to the acutal debut album. The most impressive song is Love is a Marathon that Teddy created a catchy tune with a very great description of love. I hate how this album was created to be more mainstream and 'poppy' I know thats how you sell an album more now days, but things should chagne for artists play their music that they love, not just to sell. If this album was lost or stolen id prolly just not think too much about it and just listen to his early release "Step Ladder" which is more of what I think Teddy loves. A great album for a young 17 year old none the less. // 7

More Teddy Geiger reviews rating latest review