Rampton Review

Tones: Bleak, Aggressive, Nihilistic, Ominous, Menacing
Styles: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Rampton Reviewed by: doomandgloom, on may 05, 2004

Sound: Heavy apocalyptic doom! Nothing can compare to this truely funeral doomish hell. Take a sonic ride on the journey to Hades. A supergroup of sorts with members of sunn O))), khanate, goatsnake, iron monkey, and cathedral. // 10

Lyrics: The first track on this cd (there are only 3), is a near 30 minute assault of terror, a long lyrical song dedicated to drug abuse and the nightmares that can be fueled from such a trip. The second song is a cover of a killdozer song, lyrically it doesnt seems to fit the other worldy themes of the 2 other songs but it slower and creepier than anything heard before. The last song is truely a trip into the 7th layer of hell. Lyrically evil but not in the lame style that most black and death metal bands try to be. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first heard this cd I was in a hotel room celebrating my 21st birthday, I was under the influence of several drugs at the time and the room was dark, a fried of mine decided to walk around the complex and put this cd on that he just purchased, while I sat in darkness trying to fall asleep this cd played on. At first the 9 minute drum intro was just droning me out then once the evil heavy sound kicked in and Lee Dorian's vocals spewed forth hell I was horrified. I sat alone listening to this entire cd in horror and total terror, I thought for sure I was dying and hell was starting to encompass me, once the hour long journey ended I sat mortified playing the music over in my head wondering if I had just had a nigthmarte or if I truely entered the dark abyss. Suffocating in nature evil in its delivery, Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine will infect your soul with visions of death hell and dreary suicidal fantasies...and thats the postivie aspect of it. Best listened to in a dark room alone with headphones, who knows you might just wake up in an asylum after you submit yourself to this. I know I've never been the same since. // 10

Comments