Live At The Fillmore East 1970 Review

Released: Aug 14, 2001
Label: Chrysalis
Genre: Rock
Styles: Blues-Rock, British Blues, Hard Rock
This is the best TYA concert album, and proves just how vibrant these boogie boys could be when inspired by the crowd and each other on a perfect night.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Live At The Fillmore East 1970 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 02, 2005

Sound: Ten Years After is a British rock-blues quartet with drummer Ric Lee, bassist Leo Lyons, keyboardist Chick Churchill, and guitarist/vocalist Alvin Lee. The group jams with some catchy blues and rock riffs through out there songs, such as those heard in "Love Like A Man" and "Woke Up This Morning," before turning it loose as Alvin wields his "Big Red" ES 335 into lightning fast, five minute solos. Ric Lee even has his own song, similar to the famous Zeppelin instrumental "Moby Dick." Named "The Hobbit," it starts out with a few guitar riffs before Ric shows off his skills with the drumset. Chick and Leo groove together throughout the concert, making this one hell of a CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are bluesy, singing of woe and problems with girls, or trying to pick up some chicks. No matter what the words say, Alvin finds ways to make you get entranced into the music. On songs such as "I'm Going Home," Alvin likes to shout like the owl from My Cousin Vinny before mumbling a line in his thick accent. // 10

Overall Impression: Easily one of the greatest albums, live or studio, that I've ever heard. I've listened to every through the album a few times since yesterday, even though my dad has had it for years. Some of the main songs on this album are "Love Like A Man," "Good Morning Little School Girl," "I'm Going Home," and "Woke Up This Morning." Not to mention some Chuck Berry tunes ("Sweet Litte 16" and "Roll Over Beethoven"). This is a must have for all rock/blues fans. Ten Years After rocks! If it was stolen, I'd track down the theif and ass rape his mom. // 10

More Ten Years After reviews rating latest review