Terra Diablo Review

Terra Diablo: Terra Diablo
Released: Jul 5, 2004
Label: Zuma
Genre: Rock
Mixing both heavy guitar tracks and melodious sing-a-longs, this record is a great buy for anyone with just a passing interest in either the Foo Fighters or Feeder.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Terra Diablo Reviewed by: feesk8ordie, on june 29, 2005

Sound: You know you have something special when a band manages to make a debut album of standards that most bands won't reach in their career, which is just what Terra Diablo have done. I first heard this band on a compilation of underground sort of bands, that no one had really heard of. It had 'Dehumanize' one of the tracks of this album, which I thought was good, and so bought the album of eBay. I never could have imagined it would be as good as it is. From the opening chords of Satellite to the album closer, Weighs On Me, the album fails to produce a dull moment. The drums are excellent. Different, but always seem to fit brilliantly with the music, and the guitar work is simply excellent. The bass isn't as prominent as it could be, but I feel the sound on this album is near perfect. Very good vocals and well mixed. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics again, were not what I was expecting. They were alot better! Nearly every song covers a different topic, from the relationship problems in 'That Always Works' to the paranoid 'Warned'. The lead singers voca; s are perfect for this type of music. // 10

Overall Impression: An incredible album, entirely flawless. There is not a single dull or disappointing track but the ones that standout exceptionally for me are 'That Alaways Works', 'The Smoke' and new single 'Swings And Roundabouts'. I would definitely recommend this album. It will no doubt be (or at least deserves to be) a classic. This band show great potential, but in making such an awesome debut album, have made things difficult for themselves by setting the standards so high. // 10

Comments