Forever More Review

tesla: Forever More
Released: October 7, 2008
Genre: Hard Rock
Label: Tesla Electric Company Recordings, Ryko
The album was engineered by Michael Rosen, who worked with the band on their Into the Now album and marks the first full album of original material for new guitarist Dave Rude.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Forever More Reviewed by: bradyg, on october 13, 2008

Sound: I am definitely loving Tesla more and more after every single song they release. Their music never gets old, and the solos are simply amazing. I thought Tesla couldn't make anything better, but they definitely did with the new album, released this past week. The sound of the new album "Forever More" by the old-school band Tesla, is better than ever before. The quality of the CD is perfect, not a single thing the matter with it at all. The sound of each song, guitar wise, is simply amazing. The riffs kind of remind me the good ol' old-school Tesla from the 80's, nonetheless. They use many effects in this CD compared to all of there other CD's. Tesla are known to be a band not to use effects, but I hear a lot of reverb, wah-wah, and delay in their new music. The band is soloing in every song, just like Tesla does. But now you hear Dave Rude do a lot more of the main solos, then co-founder Frank Hannon. Frank Hannon usually keeps to the acoustic in this album, during the slower songs, when Rude is doing most of the soloing. The two together is definitely something that you shouldn't pass the chance to hear. The band kind of brought back the "Mechanical Resonance" styled Tesla, but with a twist to it. It's very hard to explain. This CD is just simply amazing. I definitely think it's going to go down as one of the Best Albums of '08. Each song on this album you're going to want to repeat. Nothing on this album is bad at all, and when I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. Everything is perfect on "Forever More" and I definitely would suggest that you go pick it up if you're a Tesla-head like myself, or else just wanting to hear a new band, if you've never heard them. Tesla is one of those bands that anyone can like if you just give them a listen. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this CD are exactly what I expected, and what is it that I expected? I expected another masterpiece from frontman Jeff Keith, and he did make each and every song on this album a masterpiece. My personal favorite lyrics on this album are from the song "Pvt. Ledbetter." The song is about troops going off to war. He wrote it about that topic, and the song turned out simply amazing. There cannot be a disappointment when it comes to one of the best singers around today, Jeff Keith. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that this CD is definitely one of my all-time favorite albums, as of now. I can definitely say that they brought back some of the Tesla sound from the 80's like I said before. And this is definitely an album that I would buy once again, if it got stolen or lost. The most impressive song on the album, in my opinion, is the title track "Forever More." The intro to the song is awesome. They start if off slow, and then after a moment they turn it into a in your face, kick your @$$, rock n' roll song. // 10

More Tesla reviews rating latest review
+ Simplicity 8.1 06/17/2014