One Reality Review

texas in july: One Reality
Released: Apr 26, 2011
Genre: Metalcore
Label: Equal Vision
TIJ is now on their second full-length album, and it is quite a good effort indeed.
 7.5
 7.7
 7.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
One Reality Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 02, 2012

Sound: TIJ is now on their second full-length album, and it is quite a good effort indeed, but I am still not quite seeing the big improvements that I had wanted from their last album of theirs. // 8

Lyrics: "Magnolia" is definitely one of my favorite songs off the album. My favorite lines in the song are, "I'm sorry that this is how it has to be in the end. I simply have nothing left to give. You've drained me, For the worst, I'm the one that always put you first, I am alone. You let me down." Powerful lyrics from a powerful voice. I seriously understand where this guy is coming from. Like I have had friends that will use me, when I had done so much for them, since I am just that nice, and then they don't realize how much I care for them. // 7

Overall Impression: The sound has stepped up a bit than from their first album, but I am still seeing the flaws from them that still need to be solved. I did not see the best of lyrics yet, and I would really like to one their next effort. Still a good album, though. // 8

More Texas In July reviews rating latest review