Riders Of The Plague Review

The Absence: Riders Of The Plague
Release Date: Aug 7, 2007
Label: Metal Blade
Genres: Heavy Metal, Thrash
On Riders Of The Plague, these guys unleash a downright ferocious racket -- speed metal riffing, Iron Maiden-esque guitar harmonies, runaway train drumming, and more.
 9.5
 9.2
 9.7
Riders Of The Plague Reviewed by: Pretty_Much, on december 01, 2007

Sound: The Absence release another great album, The 2nd full length one from the band titled, Riders Of The Plague. Riders Of The Plague is one of the greatest melodic death metal albums I've ever heard. The Absence isn't very well-known and deserve more credit with this release. The guitar work in this album is too, amazing. Catchy riffs with either very thrashy solos, or just slow clean ones. So, this is Rider Of The Plague. // 8

Lyrics: There was nothing very special about the lyrics overall in this album. Like many melodic death metal bands, it was mostly singing about death, but it did have some key points behind the lyrics. The vocalist, I think, is magnificent melodic death metal vocolist. The vocolist is one of the reasons that caught my attention to this band. He has very clean growl and scream. His vocals mixes great with the guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this album is wow. That's all I can say. This album appealed to me even though I'm not the biggest fan of Melodic Death Metal. Like I said before, they deserve more credit. It had thrashy guitar, fast drumming, and great screaming. It is very in-your-face. Some of the most impresive songs on this album are: Echos, Dead And Gone, and Into The Pit. Into The Pit is a cover, one of the best ones I've heard. It was originaly made by Testament, and the cover turned out golden. If Riders Of The Plague was stolen, I would defenitly buy it again x2. // 9

Riders Of The Plague Reviewed by: MetalMoses x, on june 03, 2008

Sound: This album is as technical as it is brutal and amazing. After listening to the first album I never thought the band would be able to top it with their second release but they proved me quite wrong. It is American melodic death metal/thrash metal as it should be done. The album is full of excellent solos that are very notable. Most notable, in my opinion, is merciless. // 10

Lyrics: Riders of the Plague is exactly what you can expect from a modern metal band. Brutal Lyrics, deep vocals and so on; however, they do it extremely well. After listening to this album just once I found myself singing certain chorus's that did not leave my head for months. The lyrics do a great job of adding to the brutalness of the guitar and drums. The voice of the vocalist is hard do describe. He has a little bit of a Dimension Zero style but other than that it's hard to explain, badass though. // 10

Overall Impression: When I bought this album for the first month or so the only time it left my car stereo was when I decided to put it in my home stereo. There are certain songs that I can not get enough of -- Dead and Gone, The Murder, Echoes and Merciless. To sum it up, as a melodic death metal fan and thrash metal fan I love this album. It is worth every penny paid. // 10

More The Absence reviews rating latest review