Not Accepted Anywhere Review

the automatic: Not Accepted Anywhere
Release Date: Jul 24, 2006
Label: Universal
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Indie Rock
Not Accepted Anywhere is a fairly consistent album, with no tracks that stick out unwieldily from the rest.
 9.5
 9.7
 9.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Not Accepted Anywhere Reviewed by: woodlandsclose, on october 08, 2007

Sound: The first time I heard this band was on a TV ad and the backing track was Monster. I thought the track was amazing so I went off to search who it was by. When I found out that it was The Automatic, I thought to myself, who on earth are they? Within two months I had got my hands on their latest album, Not Accepted Anywhere. The riffs are realy easy but effective. I got the riff for Recover on this site and it was tabbed by WHY_YOU_ASKING so I thank him. it is rated five star and rightly so. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics really tell a story and are not a load of words rammed together so make some random rubbish. The singer, although I don't know who it is, has a voice that is spot on for their type of music. If they got a different singer I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't sound the same. The songs are so rhythmical and are sometimes quite repetitive but that is my only criticism. The words fit into the music very well and the band have obviously thought hard about that which I like. // 9

Overall Impression: I haven't listened to their other album Raoul but I can presume they will be quite similar. This album doesn't compare to others that I have because I think this group have their own distinct sound. My favourite songs rom the album have to be Monster, Raoul and Recover. I was singing along after the first time I heard it but I think these song are that you love them or hate them. Fortunately I love them. I like this album because the music and the lyrics really comply and comparing to the other CDs in my rather extensive collection, it is one of the best. If it were stolen or lost then instead of buy it again I might buy their other album to see what it has to offer. // 10

More The Automatic reviews rating latest review