Light A Match For I Deserve To Burn Review

7.6
 7.3
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Light A Match For I Deserve To Burn Reviewed by: _RockOnForever_, on october 22, 2005

Sound: The Beautiful Mistake is a religious-sounding, progressive, emo band that combines lightly distorted/overdriven guitars with deep, religiously themed lyrics. The structure of most of their songs involves simple power chords coupled with repetitive melodic riffs. The repetitiveness, however, sometimes gets annoying, but the band seems to realize this before going overboard. // 7

Lyrics: The Beautiful Mistake has very religious themes in their songs, hence the title of the CD: "Light A Match For I Deserve To Burn." The singer's voice is pretty decent; however, the screaming is a bit lackluster. The screams are a bit rough and seem to lack real depth and clarity. This is the only area I believe needs the most improvement. Other than that, the band is fine. // 8

Overall Impression: As The Beautiful Mistake's first album, it is a decent debut. The tracks worth listening to for a small sample of the album are "Stavesail," "Silence" and "Light A Match..." The album isn't horrible, but it isn't exactly the greatest CD I've ever heard. There is a lot of room for improvement for this band. // 7

More The Beautiful Mistake reviews rating latest review