Hope Review

7.9
 8.9
 6.9
Hope Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 05, 2011

Sound: It sounds awesome. They've improved alot since the last album. And have a good variety of sound from the more heavy songs like *This Is Our Time* To more softer songs like *The Last Goodbye* Some of the songs remind me a little bit of Lostprophets. Which is great because Lostprophets are amazing too, and you can see who really influences The Blackout. It's great that they mixed in rap from Hyro Da Hero with some scream and rock. Which slightly reminds me of Limp Bizkit. (Also another of their influences). // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are alot more darker. And by darker I mean deeper. They've progressed LOTS since the last album. Making their album have more of a meaning. The album "Hope" links to us all. And the songs are lyrically brilliant. They show their own views of hope in some songs. As well as other views such as in *Never By Your Side* which shows the hope of God in people. Which shows their repect and awareness for people's beliefs. Making their lyrics better to listen to. As you know they mean something. The Blackout did really well in lyric's. // 9

Overall Impression: Obviously as I have said it shows their influences of Lostprophets and Limp Bizkit. But they've definitely made something of their own that they should be proud of. My personal favourite songs are *This Is Our Time*. *The Last Goodbye* And *The Storm*. The storm ends the album beautifully and I was pleasantly suprised when I heard it. I don't hate anything of this album. Its brilliantly put together. With great album artwork. And If it were stolen I'd DEFINITELY buy a new one. // 10

Hope Reviewed by: robbie-rocks, on april 06, 2011

Sound: The Blackout have changed their sound on this album, it's more uplifting than previous albums. Most people may complain but this is a natural progression for bands to survive (and the same thing gets boring). I would compare the sound of this album towards Lostprophets and some late Funeral For A Friend, which isn't a bad thing but for me it does get in the way of listening to the album. Like the previous reviewer said, the song "Higher & Higher" featuring Hyro Da Hero, has a slight Limp Bizkit feel. No surprise since the band covered My Generation a few years back. Over all, I'm impressed with the sound, a lot of great melodies going on. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics have a more serious tone than the previous albums and the chemistry between the vocalists Sean Smith & Gavin Butler is as strong as ever. Sean's vocal ability has expanded on this album, he does more clean vocals instead of his usual screamed/raspy vocals. Good examples of this would be the last 3 songs on the album. You're Not Alone, Keep On Moving and The Storm. // 8

Overall Impression: It has the aggression of We Are The Dynamite, the sing along melodies of The Best In Town and a whole new level of ambition. Hardcore fans and old fans will be impressed, new fans maybe not so much but I don't know, not a new fan. The most impressive songs for me would be Ambition Is Critical, The Storm and The Devil Inside. I love the album, though cause it reminds me alot of Lostprophets, I have a mixed feelings on it but then again I wasn't a fanof The Best In Town originally, but it grew on me. It was a nice idea for the band to do this album with Pledge music, I think that helped the fans get more of what they want and shows they appreciate their fans as everyone who pledged had their name in the album credits. If it were lost or stolen, I'd be very angry and would definitely buy it again and would have to get it signed...again. Over all, great album for old fans but I think new fans should refer to The Best In Town before treading on Hope. // 9

More The Blackout reviews rating latest review