Modern Minds And Pastimes Review

the click five: Modern Minds And Pastimes
Release Date: Jun 26, 2007
Label: Lava/Atlantic
Genres: Teen Pop, Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk-Pop
This time round, there is more piano parts from Ben Romans, and quite less of guitar solo parts.
 8.7
 9.2
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Modern Minds And Pastimes Reviewed by: lusion01, on july 27, 2007

Sound: The sophomore album of The Click Five is just like it's classic sound from it's debut album, Greetings From Imrie House. But this time round, there is more piano parts from Ben Romans, and quite less of guitar solo parts. New singer Kyle Patrick has filled in perfectly for Eric Dill, it was quite a debate to pick out of the two, they're just both simply good singers. He really makes the first three tracks quite lively and loud (Flipside, Jenny and Happy Birthday). // 8

Lyrics: The sophomore album of The Click Five is just like its classic sound from it's debut album, Greetings From Imrie House. But this time round, there is more piano parts from Ben Romans, and quite less of guitar solo parts. New singer Kyle Patrick has filled in perfectly for Eric Dill, it was quite a debate to pick out of the two, they're just both simply good singers. He really makes the first three tracks quite lively and loud (Flipside, Jenny and Happy Birthday). // 9

Overall Impression: In comparison to other artists, The Click Five bring their share to the table in their genre of "Powerpop". The mix of pop lyrics and rock music goes well alltogether. Probably the songs "Flipside", "Jenny" and "Happy Birthday" were clearly my top three songs off the album. I enjoyed the other tracks, but these three were more lively. I like the new singer Kyle Patrick, he can equally fill in the job for Eric Dill. I would've liked to see more guitar solos, but the riffs make up for that. If it was stolen or lost, I would certainly get another copy. Worthy of anyone's music collection. // 9

More The Click Five reviews rating latest review