We All Have Demons Review

The Color Morale: We All Have Demons
Released: Aug 31, 2009
Genre: Post-Hardcore, Melodic-Metalcore
Label: Victory Records
I can't really compare it to any albums because I don't really listen to this genre in music, but if had to I would compare it to Nevermind by Nirvana.
 9.7
 9.7
 9.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
We All Have Demons Reviewed by: dan1bad, on june 23, 2010

Sound: Well the band sounds great. I'm not a big fan of their genre of music (post-hardcore, christian hardcore, melodic-metalcore) but they just do it great. My friend introduced me to them just two months ago and I saw them live and they were great. The guitar sounds good. There's a lot of power chords and fast rhythm riffs, but with some songs John Bross (Guitarist) shows off his ability with melodic licks and intros (Resource: Recourse, Manumission, The Man Behind The Hands). They mix it up a bit in the album. Some songs are very hard with powerful screams from Garret Rapp (lead vocals) and Justin Heiser (bass and vocals) on some he sings high and very melodic clean vocals. Some songs are a bit slow such as Resource: Recourse and Manumission. And some have a very hard, fast pace to them like Humannequin, Close Your Eyes And Look Away, and When One Was Desolate. I saw this band live about a month ago and they were incredible. They had an awesome energy and presence about them and they just really connected with all the people there (including me). // 10

Lyrics: Well the lyrics are very meaningful. They are considered a christian band due to the lyrics some songs reference battles or conflicts with the devil (humannequin), but the message of their songs are universal and don't necessarily pertain to christians. Garret is a really talented singer. He's great at screaming but also has really great clean melodic vocals. The back up singers also have really good screaming ability if you listen to them throughout the album. // 9

Overall Impression: I can't really compare it to any albums because I don't really listen to this genre in music, but if had to I would compare it to Nevermind by Nirvana because its one of those albums that you could just listen to all the way through without skipping a song. To me the most impressive songs were Humannequin, Resource: Recourse, The Sage Of Washington Oaks, Hopes Anchor, Manumission, and I The Jury. I love the album because I just really enjoy the music, but also because I saw them live and got a chance to get the know the band members a bit after the show and I can just really appreciate the music a bit more, but overall the I just love the album. If someone stole my CD I would most definitely buy it again. // 10

More The Color Morale reviews rating latest review