Live At The Electric Factory: Bootleg No. 1 Review

9.3
 8.7
 9.9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Live At The Electric Factory: Bootleg No. 1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 16, 2006

Sound: This album is the first live album from The Fray. It was recorded on May 21, 2006 at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, PA. I'd first like to point out that if you are a fan of How To Save A Life, then you will definitely enjoy this album. There isn't any "new" songs on the album, but there is still a lot of fun surprises in the music that make this album worth buying. It's clearly apparent that this band has staying power and thrives on their live show. What you see is what you get. The music is well executed and shows that this band will be around for years to come. The best song they perform live, in my opinion, is Look After You. They not only perform the piece with lots of emotion and musicality, they also throw in a little surprise at the end. I won't say what it is, but I can almost guarantee that you will love it. The one downpoint, however, is that Isaac hits some wrong notes on his keyboard and it is really obvious. It's still a great album either way. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics to these songs are so well written and just downright clever. Like I said, if you bring yourself to purchase this album, then you are most likely familiar with their studio recording "How To Save A Life", so you'll probably know all the words anyways. But for those who aren't familiar with The Fray outside the radio hits they have, then you are in for a treat. These guys have a great knack for writing catchy lyrics and melodies, and Isaac sings them exceptionally well, considering he's playing piano while singing. I can relate on a personal level to every song they have on this cd. If you're anything like me, a level of empathy with the lyrics is extremely important to you too. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, if you're looking for something new and unheard by The Fray, you won't find it here. But if you're looking for something to blast in your stereo at home or in your car, then you have found the perfect mate for that stereo of yours. This album has exceptional production, and if the crowd weren't there, you could almost swear that this is a studio album. The Fray pulls it off again and these guys will be around for years, if not decades to come. This album remains one of those albums I would take with me on a proverbial "deserted island". The best song by far is Look After You. But if you're a bigger fan of the upbeat tracks, then the radio hits won't disappoint you either. // 9

More The Fray reviews rating latest review