Goodbye Blues Review

the hush sound: Goodbye Blues
Release Date: Mar 18, 2008
Label: Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
Genres: Indie Pop, Alternative Pop/ Rock
The Hush Sound's emphasis on mature, piano-driven pop makes them a rarity on the Fueled by Ramen roster, where the punk-pop sounds of Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco reign supreme.
 8.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Goodbye Blues Reviewed by: superstud_zat, on may 28, 2008

Sound: Goodbye Blues and hello The Hush Sound! The Hushies are back with a third album, Goodbye Blues, with a little more jazz and swing, and a little less Bob (we will get to that later). Like I mentioned earlier, the album has an overall jazzier, swingier, bouncier feel to it with only 2 songs on the down tempo. Now bouncy isnt bad, but it can get repetitive and redundent, and THS narrowly avoid that. Though you can mistake one song for another. Luckily there is enough to mix it up so you wont get bored. // 8

Lyrics: Not enough Bob? Well, that's a matter of opinion, but the fact is that guitarist/singer Bob Morris is lacking in the Album (he is a very competent singer) just saying there isnt much of him. Bob has a total of 3 solo song, while pianis/singer Greta Salpeter has the rest of them, with Bob backing in a few of them. There is reason why there is so much Greta. This fresh-faced 20 year old has blossomed througout THS 3 albums, and shines bright then ever in GB. With a voice that melts the bones and a face you can't help but stare at, wouldn't you want her at the center of your band? As far as lyrics go, nothing groundbreaking. Generic as far as the whole love songs go except for: Medicine Man, The boys are too Refined, and that's Ok. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impresson of Goodbye Blues is that it's an overall solid effort. The band actually almost broke up before this album, but I'm glad they didn't. If you are looking for a change in pace in your music, I highly recommend The Hush Sound. // 8

More The Hush Sound reviews rating latest review