From Here On In (1997-2004) Review

artist: the living end date: 04/20/2005 category: compact discs
the living end: From Here On In (1997-2004)
Released: Sep 27, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival
Limited edition double cd collection from The Living End features all their australian singles, plus two new tracks as well as a bonus disc featuring a selection of their favourite covers.
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this album:
From Here On In (1997-2004) Reviewed by: canadian_woo, on december 06, 2004

Sound: If you have never heard The Living End before then you are truly missing out my friends. They are undeniably Australians best punk rock band and are particularly known for coming up with great political anthems. All of the songs on this album are great and very original. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are defiantly the albums strongest point. As I said before a lot of the tracks are politically motivated but they also cover issues such as relationships ("One Said To The Other"), fed up teens ("Prisoner Of Society") and even the media ("Tabloid Magazine"). The Living End's singer Chris Cheney is very capable at what he does and gives a great performance that flows greatly with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a greatest hit CD so I can't say it's their best album but it is definitely one hell of a greatest hits compilation that features all of The Living End's hits plus three new tracks. I believe the most impressive tracks on the album are; "Prisoner Of Society", "All Torn Down", "Second Solution" and "One Said To The Other". If this album were lost or stolen I would definitely go buy it again because it is truly a great CD from one of Australians most underrated band. // 10

From Here On In (1997-2004) Reviewed by: pefectocean, on january 04, 2005

Sound: I must agree with the other review. The Living End are definitely Australia's best punk rock band. I hadn't heard of The Living End until sometime last year when they toured with Jet and let me be the first (or second) to tell you there sound is absolutely amazing and rivals that of many American or European punk bands. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are also equally amazing. There is something for everyone head banging mosh pit classics like Prisoner Of Society and Second Solution, then there are just strait out rock tracks like Roll On and Tabloid Magazine and finally slow songs like All Torn Down (personal favorite) and Pictures In The Mirror. The Living End have a great talent for writing amazing lyrics and it is definitely showcased on this album. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't know if you can consider a greatest hit CD someone best album but I will be the first one to do so. This album is absolutely amazing! The best tracks on the album are; All Torn Down, Save The Day, Pictures In The Mirror and Prisoner Of Society. If this CD were lost or stolen I would go back to the CD shop and place another special order (seeing as it is very hard to come buy in both the US and Canada) and wait at the door in anticipation for its arrival, it's that good. // 10

From Here On In (1997-2004) Reviewed by: thechad, on april 20, 2005

Sound: The souind in this album is awesome, there music is great, and the double bass gives the best bassline in most of their songs. The guitar is fanatical, with awesome solos. The drumming (they aren't Travis Barker) is still kicks ass. I love it. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics, what could I say about them. Well, I could catch along to the words and sing it in my head, or, just sing it aloud. All the lyrics were great, and catchy too. I really like listening to the lyrics and music of The Living End. // 10

Overall Impression: They were inspired by Green Day, so I wouldn't say they are as good, yet. They will be someday. I think there is a good future for The Living End. I play guitar myself, and I have been inspired to The Living End, and I can't stop listening to them. // 10

More The Living End reviews rating latest review