The Magic Numbers Review

Released: June 14, 2005
Label: EMI
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock
The Magic Numbers contains melodies that you can't forget and that will have you humming for a long time.
 8.8
 8.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
The Magic Numbers Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 13, 2005

Sound: For thoses of you who don't know the magic numbers are a indie pop rock band from england. Their debut album I taught was very good. The sound is clear on the record. The album is mainly soft and calming. 'Forever Lost' is the first single and you should listen to it. It's even tabbed here. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are good and flows nicely with the music. It's all very positive lyrics, nothing about drugs or suicide which you always nearly see now. The lead singer has a good voice which fits the music perfectly. Also the ryming is good and simple. // 10

Overall Impression: The Magic Numbers have a bit of the indie band hal but not as good. My favourite song would have to be the opening song 'Morning Eleven', it's a nice easy listening song the start the album off. I mostly love the whole album and there is nothing I would change the only problem I taught was the songs went on for a bit too long and kept changing melody so you wouldnt know if this was still the first song or what. But other then that I loved it. Well if I lost it I would get it again its always a good record to calm you down. // 10

The Magic Numbers Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 29, 2005

Sound: The overall sound of the album is indie/rock with country influences. Despite the fact that I generally wouldnt go for country influenced music, I love the sound of this album. It's so warm and melodic, it had me addicted from the start. The band consists of two sets of siblings, and the fact that the band have pretty much grown up together comes accross in the album due to the break-downs in every song, that are executed perfectly, and add a satisfying variation to almost every track on the album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are generally fairly uplifiting and love-orientated. However, sometimes the lyrics start to seem a little over-emotional and wet. Overall though, the lead singer and the backing singers' harmonies are brilliant. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this album is completely original. there is nothing like it around at the moment, and for that I love it. Some of the tracks are just amazing due to the constant flowing harmonies and breakdowns. If it were stolen, I would definately re-buy it. It's one of those albums that takes a little work to get into, but after that, you can listen to every track without skipping. // 9

Comments