Wait For Me Review

the pigeon detectives: Wait For Me
Release Date: May 28, 2007
Label: Dance To The Radio
Genres: Rock
Their music is fantastically upbeat with superb chord progressions with awesome lead guitar solos.
 7.8
 7.6
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
Wait For Me Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 05, 2007

Sound: The album is one of those "what you see is what you get" experiences. A young 5 piece band from yorkshire singing about what young people do. The sound of the album is very indie rock most likely tobe influenced by bands such as the Arctic Monkeys. The music is fantastically upbeat with superb chord progressions with awesome lead guitar solos. The album starts off with the single "Romantic Type" and has other singles "I'm Not Sorry" and "You Know I Love You" an with album tracks like "Wait For Me" makes the album leap out at you and take note. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in general are not the strongest but have sopme relevant meaning. Every songs lyrics are based on a there felings for a girl but revert to drink instead. Although not very strong they fit the music perfectly. the skills of the lead singer are superb he grunts his way throught he album which sends a chill you your spine which adds an effectto the lyris and makes the impact of the songs stand out. The Lyrics for "I Found Out" stand out from the album. // 6

Overall Impression: The songs in general are all catchy and worth listening to especially "I'm Not Sorry" and "Wait For Me" which definately stand out. The most impressive thing about the album is how flowing the lyrics link in with the music they don't seem to show that it was an effort to put lyrics to the music. The Lead guitars make the songs. They propel them from average to fantastic. Is this album were lost or stole I'd most certainly buy it again. // 8

More The Pigeon Detectives reviews rating latest review