3000 Days Review

The Pineapple Thief: 3000 Days
Released: 2009
Genre: Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Kscope
Number Of Tracks: 19 (2CD)
"3000 Days" is the prefect buy for anyone wishing to discover a new group because the album features songs sampled among TPT's discography. It is also good for those who cannot get their hands on The Pineapple Thief's earlier work because of cost and rarity.
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
3000 Days Reviewed by: maitepo, on june 14, 2011

Sound: "3000 Days" provides amazing sound quality as well as the best of The Pineapple Thief. The album's name represents the time frame (3000 days) from the group's beginning to their previous album "Tightly Unwound" (2008). Most if not all songs from TPT on this album are remastered to deliver the true sounds of quality music. The Pineapple Thief is considered prog rock and it definitely shows in "3000 Days" through meaningful lyrics, alternating soothing and heavy guitar riffs, variable time signatures (especially drums), pronounced bass riffs, and beautiful keyboards/orchestral pieces. All of the instruments are meshed together nicely for a relaxing and memorable music experience. TPT truly has a unique sound, and I have enjoyed it throughout the album. // 10

Lyrics: Bruce's lyrics (TPT lead vocalist) establish a connection with the audience with a lot of "I"s, "Me"s and "You"s. The lyrics are simplistic yet complex. Simplistic in a way with simple words especially when read from the album booklet. Complex in a way branches off meaning within the verses of each song. However, listening to the album without stopping can make the lyrics seem a bit repetitive or predictable. This is not anything bad in particular, but just a notice. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, "3000 Days" is the prefect buy for anyone wishing to discover a new group because the album features songs sampled among TPT's discography. "3000 Days" is also good for those who cannot get their hands on The Pineapple Thief's earlier work because of cost and rarity. Unfortunately, I cannot rate each song (because there are too many - spanning two discs), but I will say that this would be a good buy for any prog rock fan or TPT fan, alike. Ha! If this album were stolen, I would hunt down the thief. It was worth my $20. Personally, I enjoy Disc 1 more than Disc 2 for some reason. Anyway, wonderful sound quality, in-depth lyrics, and interesting album booklet (including lyrics and TPT photos) really makes this a good buy. Prog + TPT fans will not be disappointed. // 9

More The Pineapple Thief reviews rating latest review